RECOMMENDATIONS FXO Gateway: Echo & PBXinaFlash

tfcarlin

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to decide between a Grandstream GXW4104 and Patton SmartNode 4 FXO VoIP Gateway for a simple home installation. My two most important issues are quality of echo cancellation and ease of integration with PBX in a Flash (current version on Ubuntu though likely transitioning to Beaglebone Black). Price is not critical. I'm using Yealink and Aastra phones.

I would appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks,

Tim

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
If price is not critical I would instead recommend a Sangoma Vega. 100% quality of echo cancellation :) Not hard to integrate really, though neither is the Grandstream. Not sure about the Patton.

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
I've used a Patton gateway for FXS with zero problems, except that the config file can be a tad confusing.

Reaction score
why not switch over to SIP trunks and port your number or if you want to keep your POTS line(s) just call forward them to a local number SIP trunk for incoming. I don't like any analog to digital boxes. If you want to do that the OBI boxes are a very cheap solution while you decide if you want to go SIP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voiplads
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.