AWAITING FEEDBACK Fresh IncredibleFax install - password doesn't work

simplydrew

Reaction score
Completed a fresh install of IncredibleFax on my new PIAF Green install at home, and the install script ran successfully. Navigated to http://pbxip/avantfax and was immediately greeted with:

Login failed for maint. Ask your admin to verify that the account exists in AvantFAX.

I tried changing the password with "/root/avantfax-pw-change", and still no dice. Tried accessing from a different computer and a Firefox private tab to make sure it wasn't a cache thing, but no such luck.

Probably something I'm missing here, but not sure what at this point. Anyone had a recent fax install on PIAF Green that has encountered this? Avantfax version appears to be 3.3.3 from the login screen.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Try this:

Code:
mysql -u root -ppassw0rd -e "UPDATE  avantfax.UserAccount SET  username =  'admin' WHERE  avantfax.UserAccount.uid =1;"

Not sure which version of avantfax-pw-change you may have. Just edit what you have and be sure "maint" is changed to "admin" wherever it appears.

simplydrew

Reaction score
Try this:

Code:
mysql -u root -ppassw0rd -e "UPDATE  avantfax.UserAccount SET  username =  'admin' WHERE  avantfax.UserAccount.uid =1;"

Not sure which version of avantfax-pw-change you may have. Just edit what you have and be sure "maint" is changed to "admin" wherever it appears.
Thanks for the reply, Ward. Unfortunately, looks like I'm still stuck. I added that line of code to the script, but I'm still not able to login.

The version of the file I have contains the following after adding your new line mentioned here:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
clear
echo "This script changes your AvantFAX admin password"
echo " "

echo -n "Enter new admin password (MAKE IT SECURE!!): "
read adminpw
echo " "
echo "admin password will be changed to: $adminpw"
read -p "Press ENTER key to continue or Ctrl-C to abort..."

mysql -u root -ppassw0rd -e "update avantfax.UserAccount set password = '`echo -n "$adminpw" | md5sum | awk '{ print $1 }'`' where username = 'admin' limit 1;"
mysql -u root -ppassw0rd -e "insert into avantfax.UserPasswords set uid = 1, pwdhash = '`echo -n "$adminpw" | md5sum | awk '{ print $1 }'`';"
echo " "
echo "Done. Use browser to access AvantFAX via link in FreePBX at http://`ifconfig | awk -F "[: ]+" '/inet addr:/ { if ($4 != "127.0.0.1") print $4 }'`"
echo " "

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
You've got to change the account username to admin BEFORE you update the passwords, not after. Otherwise, you're searching for the admin user when it's still set to maint.

simplydrew

Reaction score
You've got to change the account username to admin BEFORE you update the passwords, not after. Otherwise, you're searching for the admin user when it's still set to maint.
That's what I get for trying to do things too late at night ;)

I ran your line first as well before running the password change script, which didn't work. Then I tried inserting it into the script like I posted, which didn't work either. Threw it as the first mysql -u line (changing the ordering to the top of those mysql commands), which didn't work either.

simplydrew

Reaction score
Still hitting the same problem here without any luck with a fix based on what's been mentioned. I found a thread by someone else where they encountered this after changing IPs on the box - which applies to me. Originally when I was testing this VM before pushing it over to replace my Purple install (shutdown the Purple VM, disabled it's NIC, then changed the static IP of my Green install to that of the Purple IP for the phones to re-register, etc), it had a different IP. Not sure if that could have thrown something like this off. Doesn't seem likely, but it's the only thing that's changed.

Any other advice on how to remedy this?

simplydrew

Reaction score
Hate to bump again, but I'm still hitting this roadblock and need some assistance. How can I proceed without wiping my whole install and starting anew? That just isn't feasible at this point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.