NEWS FLASH FreePBX End Point Manager adds support for Cisco Enterprise,Obihai, Panasonic and Yealink devices

Reaction score
Today's update to the FreePBX Commercial Endpoint Manger brings the total number of supported devices to 220. (View release notes for today's release) Today's release adds devices from Cisco, Grandstream, Obhai, Panasonic and Yealink.

Based upon popular request we have added many of the Cisco Enterprise line of phones including the 7911, 7912, 7931, 7941, 7942, 7945, 7961, 7962, 7965, 7975, 9951 and 9971 models. (Note at this time many of these models have not been tested, and are Unsupported you can view our full list of EPM devices as well as definitions of supported and unsupported devices in the FreePBX WIKI.)

We have also added the newly FreePBX Certified OBIHAI Technology Device line to the Endpoint Manager.

And last but not least, Ward's current favorite the Yealink T46G is also now available in EPM!

The Commercial Endpoint Manager is an add-on that enhances PBX in a Flash, and can be purchased directly in the FreePBX Portal, you can sign up for a PBX in a Flash account by clicking here.

For detailed instructions on preparing your PBX in a Flash system for commercial modules click here.

Preston McNair on behalf of the FreePBX/ Schmooze Com Team.

billsimon

Reaction score
I thought I just read within the last month on this forum that FreePBX didn't want to touch Cisco 7900 series phones with a ten-foot pole, due to Cisco not licensing them for use with Asterisk.

phoneguy

Guru
Reaction score
I thought I just read within the last month on this forum that FreePBX didn't want to touch Cisco 7900 series phones with a ten-foot pole, due to Cisco not licensing them for use with Asterisk.

That was in regards to adding support in FreePBX core for Skinny protocol. All EPM does is take SIP based Cisco phones and write out XML configs. Its up to you to make sure you are licensed with the handsets with Cisco to use them. We just provide config files. Big difference to adding support for Skinny.

DaveDog

Reaction score
Any chance that the Cisco 7914 sidecar is supported with a 7960 phone? I did read the release notes and noted it was not listed, but I just wanted verification.

phoneguy

Guru
Reaction score
We dont support the 7940 and 7960. They use a whole different config file system then all the other ones like 7941 and 7961 and such.

Also what good is the sidecar since they dont support BLF's in Asterisk on any of the Cisco Phones.

phoneguy

Guru
Reaction score
Rossiv

yes that is correct but patching Asterisk is not something the EPM can do so we only support things that stock Asterisk can support since we have to be agnostic.

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
phoneguy As I suspected. Just figured I'd point that out since my post mentioning it was lost in the Great Crash ™

asmtechsol

Guru
Reaction score
FreePBX Commercial Endpoint Manger Yealink T46G

I have been testing the commercial endpoint manager for use with the T46G phones.

I noticed a few issues with it that i wanted to point out.

1. When you go to create a new template for the Yealink T46G there is only 10 Line keys.
The T46G has 27 Line keys.

2. Line Key Types - Missing Call Park (type 10) and Group Listening (type 18), these are documented in the Yealink Auto Provisioning guide (http://www.yealink.com/Upload/T4X/GA/Yealink_SIP-T4X_IP_Phones_Auto_Provisioning_Guide_V71_150.pdf).

3. When you go into Basefile Edit and Manually edit the basefile templates and edit a V70 Style T46G Template. Upon hitting Submit it doesn't save the changes

Other than those few things I like what i see so far!

phoneguy

Guru
Reaction score
asmtechsol

Can you go report the bug at http://issues.freepbx.org/.

1- This is not a bug. The phone only has 10 line keys so going beyond that would be useless since their are not line keys for it.

2- Looks like we missed those 2 options. Must be new ones. They are not in their admin guide that we have.

3- It should be saving the changes. Are you using the latest EPM that was rolled last week???

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
When you add the 11th button, then button #10 becomes a More button so you can scroll to the next 9.

phoneguy

Guru
Reaction score
Yes it does just like other manufactures do but we have not done this with others either. We limit it to a reasonable amount of line keys. If someone really needs more then 10 line buttons they can use basefile to add them or put in a feature request to increase it

Brian Simmons

Reaction score
We are installing T46Gs in my office and I just realized that the commerical endpoint manger plug in only supports up to 10 line buttons (as already noted). I would just like to voice my need for all 27 buttons to be supported in EPM. I created a feature request as Tony suggested - http://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-6807

We are installing 12 of these phones at my office and it would be very helpful to have all 27 line buttons available in the end point manager.

phoneguy

Guru
Reaction score
And since you took the time to open a feature request. Guess what. Its been added already. Will be rolled this week in the next version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
baata
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.