ALERT FreePBX Admin Is Blank Screen from Kennonsoft Menu

johnny2000

Reaction score
I just downloaded the 2.0.65 and use it to install, however after installation when I log in to the linux console the asterisk engine is not running on the status. I have to to run service asterisk start. Then when I browse the Kennonsoft gui and click the button Freepbx Administration, it show a white blank screen. I tried re-installing it 3X and the issue still persist. During the installation I still encounter the issue when it do the "service ntp stop", it hang up, and I press ctrl c, to continue the installation. Anyone has thought on what is going on, why the kennonsoft gui, when the Freepbx admin button is click it gives a white blank screen?

johnny2000

Reaction score
It does work using the the command 'service asterisk start'. My concern is that the gui when I click the "Freebx Administration" button on the kennonsoft menu, it will ask for the username and password, but after entering the username/password it shows a white blank page. I made an installation on 2 different machine and both shows exactly the same problems.

johnny2000

Reaction score
I found the answer at freepbx forum and I quote:
"Looks like PearDB released an update to some depreciated libraries we use that breaks FreePBX, so for the time being you'll need to use an older version of PearDB. I have fixed this in our wikis.
Contrary to popular internet theories this was not a change or "improvement" made from FreePBX. It was instead a change from an upstream provider of a database abstraction layer FreePBX has been using for several years.
As for the future. We have already started writing FreePBX 13 without the need for the PearDB libraries.
The FreePBX Distro is unaffected by this because of our use of RPMs which we maintain outside of the Pear channels.
These commands might get you going but since the database commands were unable to run you might have to start over
pear uninstall db pear install db-1.7.14 "

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Translation: We don't plan to fix the bug until FreePBX 13. If you use our distro, it's smooth sailing now. That pretty much typifies the new development model.

We have addressed the "pear problem" in new installs with PBX in a Flash and Incredible PBX:
Code:
pear uninstall db
pear channel-update pear.php.net
pear install -Z db-1.7.14

You only saw this materialize by updating random packages on an existing server. That's probably not a good idea unless there is a security problem.

johnny2000

Reaction score
I understand about the update, that it is not recommended for existing servers. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.