FreePBX 12 Beta w/Asterisk12

Would you like FreeBBX 12 beta Script?

• Total voters

dogma1

Guru
Reaction score
I am working on a Script for FreePBX 12 Beta?

Let see votes for this?

dogma1

Guru
Reaction score
I understand but this will be a script kind of like the first so that it is automated and try to add other packages like the IncreadableBPX as well (i.e. Open VPN that shows up in your main screen)
I found a type-o in FreePBX 12 and Asterisk 12 on Ubuntu 14.04:
In section were you add extra sounds
wget http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/sounds/asterisk-extra-sounds-en-wav-current.tar.gz
tar xfz asterisk-extra-sounds-en-gsm-current.tar.gz
the first is a wav file the second is the gsm file.
Which should be installed?

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
If you are going to automate it please don't use "expect". Using "expect" is extremely bad because if the install script changes even slightly your automated installer will never work. I looked at the previous installers you made and they all use "expect".

I have fixed the bug in the wiki.

dogma1

Guru
Reaction score
If you are going to automate it please don't use "expect". Using "expect" is extremely bad because if the install script changes even slightly your automated installer will never work. I looked at the previous installers you made and they all use "expect".

I found that debconf-set-selections works for MySQL and such.

and

./install_amp --installdb --username=asteriskuser --password=${ASTERISK_DB_PW} --freepbxip=`ifconfig | awk -F "[: ]+" '/inet addr:/ { if ($4 != "127.0.0.1") print $4 }'` --dbhost=localhost --force-overwrite --scripted

works the first time through but any other time it asks if you want to overwrite. I don't know if bug or not.

as Ward did the "expect" I forwarded that to him.

dogma1

Guru
Reaction score
I did get the script for 12 done, but as no one else wanted it I won't post it.

dogma1

Guru
Reaction score
I did find that when I try to redirect output to file the install_amp script does not suppress warning that Root_directory /var/www/html is missing as you need it to be removed prior to the script running. So in my script it leaks through.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I did get the script for 12 done, but as no one else wanted it I won't post it.

Don't be discouraged. We have a finite group of pioneers, and I suspect most are feeling a bit inundated at the moment. Post away. We'll all get to Asterisk 12 and FreePBX 12 in due course. PIAF version is just around the corner as well, or did we already release that?? :chef:

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
The FreePBX installer is being rewritten from the ground up in 13, so be aware. (Yes I will provide documentation)

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.