FYI Free HD Conference System

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
If you're in need of a free conferencing solution and all participants have softphones that can dial SIP URI's, here's how to make unlimited, free HD conference calls and take advantage of FWD's new conferencing system:
  1. Make up a secure name for your conference, e.g. piaf4827
  2. Start up your softphone and dial: [email protected]
  3. Once the conference starts up, email the other participants with the SIP URI

Sponsored by free world dialup

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
As you might know, LES.NET offers a free Conference Bridge to all subscribers.
(See the "Conferences" link on the web portal)

In order to access this Conference Bridge, you can use our Winnipeg access number, 204-666-1001.

There is no charge to use the conference bridge when accessing it direclty by the 204-666-1001 number.

A number of subscribers have indicated that they would like to use their existing Local and/or Toll-Free DIDs to access the bridge.

We have implemented a new feature that allows you to direct one of your own LES.NET DIDs to the conference bridge.
Simply click Your DIDs, edit the DID, and Route-To "Hosted Conference"

Any calls to a DID routed to the Hosted Confrence will be greeted with a prompt to enter the Conference PIN Number.

You can create as many Conference PINs as you like, by using the "Conferences" link on the web portal.

If you have any questions about this new feature, please open a support ticket.

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
If you're in need of a free conferencing solution and all participants have softphones that can dial SIP URI's, here's how to make unlimited, free HD conference calls and take advantage .................

Here's another service that has lots of bells and whistles and easily integrates... https://www.freeconferencecallhd.com/

On my system, I created an Custom Trunk named HDConference with an outbound sip that reads SIP/[email protected]

I then created an outbound route named HDConference with a dial string of 1177 selecting the trunk created above.

What's nice about this service, you have tons of web features during the conference and can invite SIP and regular POTS users as well.

If you want to get fancy, just add 1177 to a speed dial entry (I used 77), and bingo, you're in.

Try it, you'll like it... :balloon:

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Why not use your own PiAF conference portion? Because of lack of resources, such as running on Pi or ?? I just always run them on the server.

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
Why not use your own PiAF conference portion? Because of lack of resources, such as running on Pi or ?? I just always run them on the server.

I do that as well, but the reports are much better and you are emailed the participants, the length, etc.. Very detailed information, with lots of conference controls.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
FYI: Anyone that is a customer of les.net has free use of their 50-seat conference facility AFAIK.

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
I browsed the www.freeconferencecallhd.com site and it has a "too good to be true" feel to it. Is this a limited time offer, or are they injecting ads into the conference, or collecting DIDs?

Well, I have been using them for almost 2 years now, and have had no adverse affects (adverts, DID scooping).

It's just another way to use SIP URI's and POTS with a very cool dashboard. Try them out... won't cost you a thing...

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I browsed the www.freeconferencecallhd.com site and it has a "too good to be true" feel to it. Is this a limited time offer, or are they injecting ads into the conference, or collecting DIDs?

Our conference calls are routed to a 559-726 number in Reedley, California. I suspected this was one of those ILECs or CLECs with exorbitant termination fees for inbound calls. Some charge up to 20 cents a minute. The more "free" conference calls you make on your cellphones, the happier they are (and the sadder Verizon and AT&T are). Freeconferencecallhd may get a "commission" on all of the completed calls from the ILEC/CLEC owner. You can read all about it here. If so, their days are probably numbered as the FCC cracks down on some of this. You may recall the "free" services in Iowa a few years back that let you make "free" International calls by dialing a number in Podunck, Iowa. Same arrangement, and those are all gone now. So... enjoy it while it lasts.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
After a little more digging, this does not appear to be an ILEC/CLEC abuse situation today anyway. The current termination rate to 559-726 reportedly is $.006 which would not be a red flag for this type of activity. So perhaps they're just building market share to sell the company.

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
After a little more digging, this does not appear to be an ILEC/CLEC abuse situation today anyway. The current termination rate to 559-726 reportedly is $.006 which would not be a red flag for this type of activity. So perhaps they're just building market share to sell the company.

I opened a ticket with Vitelity (no reply yet) and Voip.ms as well. Voip.ms replied with:

The calls using our service to the number 805.399.1200 cost of $0.0105 per minute via our value route. Premium cost $0.0125 per minute.

If you have further queries do not hesitate to contact us.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
A couple of FreeConferenceCallHD.com tips...

First, sign up for a free account. Different accounts have different access numbers. For example, your 805-399 number doesn't work with our account and our access codes which require a 559-726 number. Once you sign up for your free account, they will email you the access number for your account.

Second, as you noted on another forum, you don't have to place a PSTN call to that number to connect. Instead, you can create a Custom SIP extension (.e.g. 26631 = C-O-N-F-1) and assign the following SIP dial string to the extension using your specific access number: SIP/8053991200@voice.freeconferencecallhd.com. Then you can pick up any phone on your PBX and dial CONF1 to connect. Your access codes (manager and participant) also will be provided in your welcoming email.

Great service!! Thanks Trimline2!

BRA-JSuCUAAFCFZ.jpg:large

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.