FOOD FOR THOUGHT FOP2 on Cubox

MGD4me

Guru
Reaction score
Before I wander too far off track, I want ask which version of FOP2 would I install on a Cubox Quad core system?

Thanks.

MGD4me

Guru
Reaction score
Checking into the specs of the Cubox-i4Pro reveals that it is a 64-bit device, so I downloaded the 64-bit Debian/Ubuntu version from the fop2.com website. However, after installing the files, the FOP2 server cannot be started (/etc/init.d/fop2 start). The following error is returned: fop2start-stop-daemon: unable to start /usr/local/fop2/fop2_server (Exec format error).

Does anyone have any similar Cubox/FOP2 experience?

MGD4me

Guru
Reaction score
For anyone else looking to install FOP2 on their Cubox-iPro, I recently had the time to figure out what was happening, and to get FOP2 to work as hoped.

Originally, I was following the "installation" instructions on the FOP2 web site, where you are presented with 4 choices to download the appropriate package for your system, using the WGET method. The packages are for Centos and Debian, each with 32 and 64 bit versions. Since the Cubox runs Ubuntu (Debian), it seemed logical to follow this route. Neither the 32 bit, nor 64 bit version worked. So, I set this project aside for a later time.

A week later, I visited the "download" page of the FOP2 web site, and noticed there is another package available for Arm processors, which the Cubox has. It is an older version of software, 2.27 versus today's 2.29, for the standard packages, but I downloaded the Arm version, and ta-da... it now works as expected!

Hopefully this will save someone else the grief...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.