followme and ring group no audio on external forward

happyddk

Reaction score
hello,

i am having problems with followme and ring groups, external calls dial and connect but have no audio in either direction.

at first i thought this was specific to an extension or followme but ring groups does the same.

iptables firewall is disabled. where else to look? ideas?

using vitelity for inbound and outbound trunks.

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Hi

As you have no audio in either direction, I would suspect codec problems.

In the trunk settings, take out the line - if it exists - that says disallow=all and see if that works.

NAT issues are usually create one way audio. Needless to say, do check that you have put in the appropriate stuff in sip_nat.conf as per the install guides.

Joe

happyddk

Reaction score
disabled codecs

thanks joe, that is good place to start. I do have disallow=all, allow=ulaw.

so, i tested each trunk separately, remarking out the disallow= and allow= lines, then tried remarking from all trunks, with same result after each test.

inbound and outbound audio works perfectly on all lines, but not in follow-me or ring-groups.

this is a production system, and i have many tb 2.x boxes deployed, but have not seen this problem before.

any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucky
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.