TIPS First timer stuck on a Google Voice Trunk

pbxguy

Reaction score
I installed IncrediblePBX on my Raspberry Pi using the tutorial @ http://nerdvittles.com/?p=14787, however my gv trunk will not connect, just says disconnected. I have logged in with the username and password so I know I have the right password. I've made sure that I don't have any other open connections. I'm using a non gmail account, so I'm using the whole email address. Is there a way to test trunk connectivity to see why I can't get a connection to the trunk?

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
I don't have a RasPi but the Asterisk 13 gave me a thought -- Ast13 uses GV OAUTH instead of Username and passwords , there are credentials or some such thing. Search the forums here for further istructions on the setup of GV OAUTH (also on your status (when you log in as root) may show GV OAUTH as DN. Good Luck

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
Or, you can sign your Google Voice account over to Simon Telephonics (www.simonics.com) and you'll have a SIP DID that just works! A few bucks, and you've got a SIP DID that is super easy to configure as an incoming/outgoing trunk for your IncrediblePBX on your RPi.

/Pete./

pbxguy

Reaction score
Thank you very much! That worked. This is awesome. Looking forward to learning something new
I don't have a RasPi but the Asterisk 13 gave me a thought -- Ast13 uses GV OAUTH instead of Username and passwords , there are credentials or some such thing. Search the forums here for further istructions on the setup of GV OAUTH (also on your status (when you log in as root) may show GV OAUTH as DN. Good Luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.