RECOMMENDATIONS Fax to Email solutions.

chrisbrite

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just need some recommendations on a good fax to email (and vice versa) replacement for eFax. We're currently limited to 4 outbound email addresses but would ideally like each end-user to be able to fax documents through their own email addresses and also receive faxes directly to their email addresses.

We are a non-profit organization so it being open-source or heavily discounted is a big thing as well as the ability to scale up the number of inbound/outbound addresses/phone numbers as needed.

We have plenty of available numbers for use through PIAF.

Thanks!

Joe the geek

Reaction score
We are having good results with vitelity's vFax service:
One number can have many (not sure about the limit) authorized email addresses to send.
we are on the plan: vFax DID $2.99 / month + transmission charges

LesD

Reaction score
I have an Anveo trunk at $0.50/month that is supposed to be T38 compatible and from my limited testing it seems quite happy sending and receiving emails using Avant Fax.

BeerCan

Guru
Reaction score
I have been a happy Vitelity vFax customer for years. Should be able to do what you need.

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
Cant really speak for outbound faxing since I don't do it, but inbound fax to email has been working great with the fax detection on inbound routes already built into PIAF and its free.

rjaiswal

Reaction score
I've setup incredible fax a couple of times, and it's been working great for receiving faxes. All my fax clients use flowroute trunks. They seem to be reliable for faxing...

LesD

Reaction score
I very rarely receive faxes so I just temporarily switch one of my landlines to route to fax as necessary but obviously this has the risk of me forgetting to switch it back.

I have looked at the fax detect setting and it defaults to a 4 second delay for the detection during which time the phone will not ring.

Does anyone have it working reliably with a shorter setting.

I have my landline connected via a SPA-3102 so do I specify this as DAHDI or SIP?

I do not really understand how fax detection works when using a landline as I would assume that during the ring time there is no data being received.

chrisbrite

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys!

Our ideal solution is one that is easily configured with or alongside of our PIAF server. The issue we have is that we're unsure if our 20-30 users would all have the ability to send and receive faxes through email or not.

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
I have mine set for 2 seconds, the lowest setting and it works fine. For outbound, you can try using a service like faxzero. That's who I use for test faxing and its free to a point, but there are ads. They do have a paid version as well. There are a bunch of places that allow you to send stuff to other peoples fax machines if you want to use a webportal rather than email.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.