FOOD FOR THOUGHT Fax endpoint

MacNix

Guru
Reaction score
arrrrrgg.. Can i mention how much I hate fax system integration??

So one vein of our business is medical. and guess what, medical all want fax..

HIPPA is supposedly not happy with email/scanned images, so faxing has to be 'direct to a device', and even then it's questionable, at least according to the lawyers....

We've been trying to work with Vitelity's Vfax system, but it's been down a lot over the past 6 months. Today yet again...

has anybody worked with using an endpoint device (say AudioCodes MP201 or MP202), configured to the box, and passed a fax directly to the unit? Am curious if that's feasible, or if anybody has experience with it>..

This would allow standard t38 to go directly thru the VOIP to a good device, then connecting directly to a fax machine, which bypasses the whole "fax-to-email" or other method....

rjaiswal

Reaction score
arrrrrgg.. Can i mention how much I hate fax system integration??

So one vein of our business is medical. and guess what, medical all want fax..

HIPPA is supposedly not happy with email/scanned images, so faxing has to be 'direct to a device', and even then it's questionable, at least according to the lawyers....

We've been trying to work with Vitelity's Vfax system, but it's been down a lot over the past 6 months. Today yet again...

has anybody worked with using an endpoint device (say AudioCodes MP201 or MP202), configured to the box, and passed a fax directly to the unit? Am curious if that's feasible, or if anybody has experience with it>..

This would allow standard t38 to go directly thru the VOIP to a good device, then connecting directly to a fax machine, which bypasses the whole "fax-to-email" or other method....
I've had good luck with an obi device for faxing. Have a DID pointed to the obi, and I get faxes 95% of the time. If it fails the 1st time, it usually comes in the 2nd time.

Yahdie

Guru
Reaction score
I have Cisco SPA122s for Fax Machines in multiple locations and they work very reliably for inbound and outbound

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.