PIONEERS Farewell to Shared Hosting

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We've about had our fill of shared hosting and cPanel so...

We're trying out a new dedicated server in Dallas which probably won't be the final choice, but it's a good platform for experimentation, and we're keeping good notes. To give everyone a point of reference, it took almost a full day to migrate the Nerd Vittles and Incredible PBX sites.

Between now and November, we'll be searching for a sponsor. :drool5:

WISH LIST: We need more RAM (preferably 16GB or more) and a beefier processor. We need 2 drives, gigabit Ethernet, plus a /27 IP4 address range. We don't really need 10TB of bandwidth. In an average month, 2TB is a gracious plenty.

BTuQBfUCMAAU5Ar.jpg

FYI: The forum probably will be the last thing to move because of licensing issues and not being able to run a duplicate.

Testing concluded. Thanks everybody!

At your convenience, please try the following sites and let us know if you have any problems. This is a $39/mo. box so don't expect miracles.

http://dallas.nerdvittles.com

http://dallas.incrediblepbx.com

Site performance: http://www.200please.com/?url=http://dallas.incrediblepbx.com

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I use Colopronto in Miami. I pay like $35 / month for a 1U - and then pick up a used Dell 1950 with dual quad cores, 16-32 Gig of RAM for under $1K. That way I'm in control of the server and only reliant on someone else for the power and fiber backbone. Just giving out additional option.

myitguy

Guru
Reaction score
Between now and November, we'll be searching for a sponsor. :drool5:

WISH LIST: We need more RAM (preferably 16GB or more) and a beefier processor. We need 2 drives, gigabit Ethernet, plus a /27 IP4 address range. We don't really need 10TB of bandwidth. In an average month, 2TB is a gracious plenty.

I've mentioned it before...but I'll say it again :)

I have no issues providing hosting on one of my servers (Do you have an issue with cPanel?), and if needed I can provide colocation or a dedicated server.

I have a Dell PowerEdge R210II sitting up in my Jacksonville DC doing nothing but idling away...

Specs are:
CPU: Intel E3-1230 @ 3.2GHz (Quad Core - 8 Threads)
Memory: 8Gb (I can upgrade if needed)
Disks: 2x250GB 7200RPM SATA Disks in Raid 1 via PERC Raid Controller
Network: Bonded Gig ports, on a Gig Uplink to the DC with several premium providers (I commit to 100Mbps of traffic and am burstable to a gig)

I'm low on IP's at the moment, but it shouldn't be an issue to get a /27 assigned to my vlan if you could provide justification.

If that hardware doesn't work, I will be shipping some Dell C6100's up to the DC shortly - Dual Quad Core E5530's, 24GB RAM and whatever HD drives I provide (currently 6x146GB 15K SAS Drives in each node)

If neither of those options work, let us know what does and maybe I/community will purchase the hardware outright and I can colocate it for you.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
myitguy: Jeff, that is most generous. The existing PowerEdge R210II sounds fine. cPanel with WHM is fine if you know how to load from our existing cPanel backups. o_O I'll send PM with contact details so we can chat. Thanks again!!!

myitguy

Guru
Reaction score
Looks good from the Sunshine State...
Not sure I can actually count Jacksonville as a part of the Sunshine State since they are so far north....but thats good from a Hurricane perspective (They haven't been hit with anything major for years...1927 was the last one I could find when I did a quick check).

I also like/market the fact that the DC is the "Nations Most Secure Data Center Facility" ;)

rastasean

Reaction score
WorldIP tells me this is still sitting in Dallas. Is that true?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.