NO JOY External Call Recording - not recording?

papachumba

Reaction score
Ok, need help, I do not seem to be able to record inbound external calls which go via queues. This worked perfectly on previous server, now that we migrated to a new box this doesnt seem to work no matter what settings I pick. Could anyone offer any advice?

If I call the extension directly (Inbound Route > Extension), the call will be recorded.
If I call the queue (Inbound Route > Queue > Extension), the call doesnt get recorded.
Outbound Internal and External are all recording without issues.

PIAF 2.0.6.5
FreePBX - 2.10.1.19
Asterisk 11.10.0
OS CentOS 6.5
Kernel 2.6.32-431 32bit

Advanced Settings

Extension Recording Override > disabled
Call Recording Format > wav

Inbound Route:
Call Recording: Allow
(If I change this to "record immediately", I do get a recording, called "force-xxxxxxxxxx-unknown...wav, however this would mean I would have to turn this on for all the routes we have - not feasible)

Queue:
Call Recording: no
Recording Mode: Include Hold Time
(after setting this to wav, I noticed a file gets created in /var/spool/asterisk/monitor/2015/03/05/q-595-079732400020-20150305-120956-1425557396.7454.wav however when I hang up a call the recording dissapears - i tried downloading the recording via scp whilst on a call, and it cannot be opened...)

Extension:
Inbound External: Always
Outbound External: Always
Inbound Internal: Always
Outbound Internal: Always
On Demand: Disable

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.