SUGGESTIONS Extensions - Optional Destinations vs. Follow Me

redstonemason

Certified AWS Architect (And a KVM fan!!!)
Reaction score
I am converting from Elastix to Incredible PBIAF (Green under CentOs 6.5). Can't wait to be off Elastix with all my customers :)

Today I use Follow Me to have a call bounce to an external cell phone for the users that do not have physical SIP phones.

But I am wondering if there is a simpler or more elegant way of provisioning this bounce feature as I noticed that the PBIAF GUI for Extensions has "Optional Destination".

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Extensions that don't have a real device there, I like to use device type: None - Virtual Extension.

redstonemason

Reaction score
I set Optional Destinations on the extensions to Follow Me for No Answer, Busy and Not Reachable. Seems to work okay. But I will test Virtual Extension with Misc Destination.

Thanks folks.

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
If you create a virtual extension, in the "This device uses custom technology" place "Local/XXXXXXXXXX@outbound-allroutes" without "" and replace X's with external number.

gary

redstonemason

Reaction score
Gary,

I tested and implemented your suggestion. Probably the simplest and most elegant setup.

Thanks very much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.