FOOD FOR THOUGHT Extension mobility - any option?

elkonrad

Reaction score
Hi There,
I am looking for best practice to achieve extension mobility functions. I am aware of device and users mode but this is not what I want to use. I use Cisco SPA504 phones and tried to use built in function (designed for broadsoft) which kind of works. However it does not work when phone is connected across VPN tunnel. It also does not allow to perform remote logout.
I guess the best option would be to use some XML script. Has anybody achieved well working extension mobility? If yes, what did you use for this feature?
Thanks in advance.

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
What specifically do you mean by "extension mobility functions?" It seems that there are varying definitions.
Some people consider it having one person who is at multiple offices/desks that wants the same ext # at each.
Some mean physical moving of extensions.
Some mean something like Vitelity's VMobile product.

elkonrad

Reaction score
I mean the option of moving the extension between the devices. Some people call it hot desk phones. I need to be able to log in with my extension to different phones. Need to be see able what extensions are currently logged in and be able to log them out remotely if needed. Also need to be able tp schedule mass log out at certain time.

yumbaman

Reaction score
I believe what you are looking at is what Freepbx calls device and user mode. http://wiki.freepbx.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=5242941 As far as watching the users and possibly logging them out remotely, a google search returned that FOP2 maybe the answer. I am guessing you can also have this functionality in just the asterisk CLI alone.
*I see that you are aware of device and users, but maybe you can still explore it more to see if there is additional functionality.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abuhyder
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.