EXPERIMENTAL Asterisk 10

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Tom has put together PIAF 1.7.5.6.3 which includes PIAF-Red, the new E-X-P-E-R-I-M-E-N-T-A-L Asterisk 10 beta. If you're in a pioneering mood, here are a couple of download links.

Be aware that FLITE and Cepstral TTS may not yet work. Darren Sessions from Digium is working on it, and we'll keep you posted on his progress.

DOWNLOAD SITES:

SourceForge - http://sourceforge.net/projects/pbxinaflash/files/

Google - http://nerd.bz/ppelCH

Vitelity - http://nerd.bz/pPegxo

20110725-tc29s8bd8fn8tf49eta7f76gyj.jpg

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
I saw that earlier today on the asterisk.org website. Any ideas why there is a such a big jump from 1.8 to 10.0?

Regardless, I think you need something like this for this thread!

LightBarAnimated.gif

Sorry I couldn't find anything smaller...

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
The next release from 1.8 was to be 1.10, they have dropped the 1. and called it 10.x Trying to make the product sound mature? Who knows.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Cepstral is BACK!

Special thanks to Darren Sessions for restoring Cepstral to the living with Asterisk 10.

Here's a link to download the new installer.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Only glitch we've found so far is CDR's appear to be broken... again. :crazy:

UPDATE: Here's the fix to apply after the install completes:

Code:
amportal stop
cd /tmp
mkdir menu
cd menu
wget [URL="http://pbxinaflash.com/forum/../menuselect10.tgz"]http://pbxinaflash.com/menuselect10.tgz[/URL]
tar zxvf menu*
rm *.tgz
touch *
mv * /usr/src/asterisk
cd /usr/src/asterisk
make
make install
amportal start
asterisk -rx "module show like mysql"

malcolmd

Guru
Reaction score
hmm...what's going on with the glitch? module not being installed correctly? some sort of build error?

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
The CDR selections are not automatically selected and you have to do a make menuconfig in order to enable them prior to compiling asterisk. Both the Beta and asterisk 1.8 have this "feature" In asterisk 1.4 and 1.6 this was automatically populated which is the desired behavior for our distro.

I have read your README-addons and see in make menuconfig that the CDR stuff is deprecated which will break any number of 3rd party applications. So when are you going to remove these valuable features?

Tom

malcolmd

Guru
Reaction score
Howdy,

The decision was made to roll the addons into the main tarball and to make them available in the menuselect structure in order to provide convenience for users, who were having to download them separately.

Given the licensing-related points raised in the README-addons.txt file, it's probably not a good idea to build them by default, when Asterisk is built.

The side-effect of the convenience of building those addons directly into the main build system is that downstream folks who want to build those modules will have to script in their inclusion. Which is the situation you're talking about here, as I understand it. If not, please help me, gently.

Our discussions around deprecated functionality have been that it should stick around for at least a couple of major releases. Where are you guys parked on this?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Malcolm,
This is a critical component to make CDR Reporting function in all versions of FreePBX. Perhaps some discussion needs to take place with Philippe on where we go from here. Thanks.

malcolmd

Guru
Reaction score
I approve of discussion. :)

Can you give me the run-down on which modules FreePBX is using today that are marked deprecated?

app_mysql and cdr_mysql?

malcolmd

Guru
Reaction score
pinging Philippe directly...I'll hit you guys back when I've got more.

Reaction score
I love the friendly tone and spirit of cooperation! Let's all help preserve that tone in this thread...

:smile5:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Sorry to be dense. How does that solve the problem??

Reaction score
It does not solve the problem per se, but it is noted in FreePBX ticket system that the function is deprecated and that we should switch to use odbc and cdr_adaptive_odbc.conf.

So, we were aware of it, and it is scheduled to be in FreePBX 2.10 (and in our distro).

Clearer now Ward?:wink5:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.