1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you had a PIAF Forum account in the vBulletin days, log in with your old credentials. Otherwise, sign up again and we'll get you back in business as soon as we can.
  3. A serious FreePBX vulnerability has been reported. Update your Framework Module immediately. Click here for details.
  4. Critical FreePBX vulnerability! Update your server immediately. Details here.

EXPERIMENTAL Asterisk 10

Discussion in 'Today's Tech News & Events' started by wardmundy, Jul 25, 2011.

1. wardmundy Nerd Uno

Tom has put together PIAF 1.7.5.6.3 which includes PIAF-Red, the new E-X-P-E-R-I-M-E-N-T-A-L Asterisk 10 beta. If you're in a pioneering mood, here are a couple of download links.

Be aware that FLITE and Cepstral TTS may not yet work. Darren Sessions from Digium is working on it, and we'll keep you posted on his progress.

DOWNLOAD SITES:

SourceForge - http://sourceforge.net/projects/pbxinaflash/files/

Google - http://nerd.bz/ppelCH

Vitelity - http://nerd.bz/pPegxo

[IMG]
  2. randy7376 Guru

I saw that earlier today on the asterisk.org website. Any ideas why there is a such a big jump from 1.8 to 10.0?

Regardless, I think you need something like this for this thread!

[IMG]

Sorry I couldn't find anything smaller...
  3. tbrummell Guru

The next release from 1.8 was to be 1.10, they have dropped the 1. and called it 10.x Trying to make the product sound mature? Who knows.
  4. darmock PIAF Developer

Possibly a "RED" herring?

Tom
  5. wardmundy Nerd Uno

Cepstral is BACK!

Special thanks to Darren Sessions for restoring Cepstral to the living with Asterisk 10.

Here's a link to download the new installer.
  6. malcolmd Guru

7. wardmundy Nerd Uno

8. wardmundy Nerd Uno

Only glitch we've found so far is CDR's appear to be broken... again. :crazy:

UPDATE: Here's the fix to apply after the install completes:

Code:
    amportal stop
    cd /tmp
    mkdir menu
    cd menu
    wget [URL="http://pbxinaflash.com/forum/../menuselect10.tgz"]http://pbxinaflash.com/menuselect10.tgz[/URL]
    tar zxvf menu*
    rm *.tgz
    touch *
    mv * /usr/src/asterisk
    cd /usr/src/asterisk
    make
    make install
    amportal start
    asterisk -rx "module show like mysql"
  9. malcolmd Guru

hmm...what's going on with the glitch? module not being installed correctly? some sort of build error?
  10. darmock PIAF Developer

The CDR selections are not automatically selected and you have to do a make menuconfig in order to enable them prior to compiling asterisk. Both the Beta and asterisk 1.8 have this "feature" In asterisk 1.4 and 1.6 this was automatically populated which is the desired behavior for our distro.

I have read your README-addons and see in make menuconfig that the CDR stuff is deprecated which will break any number of 3rd party applications. So when are you going to remove these valuable features?

Tom
  11. malcolmd Guru

Howdy,

The decision was made to roll the addons into the main tarball and to make them available in the menuselect structure in order to provide convenience for users, who were having to download them separately.

Given the licensing-related points raised in the README-addons.txt file, it's probably not a good idea to build them by default, when Asterisk is built.

The side-effect of the convenience of building those addons directly into the main build system is that downstream folks who want to build those modules will have to script in their inclusion. Which is the situation you're talking about here, as I understand it. If not, please help me, gently.

Our discussions around deprecated functionality have been that it should stick around for at least a couple of major releases. Where are you guys parked on this?
  12. wardmundy Nerd Uno

Malcolm,
    This is a critical component to make CDR Reporting function in all versions of FreePBX. Perhaps some discussion needs to take place with Philippe on where we go from here. Thanks.
  13. malcolmd Guru

I approve of discussion. :)

Can you give me the run-down on which modules FreePBX is using today that are marked deprecated?

app_mysql and cdr_mysql?
  14. wardmundy Nerd Uno

Philippe is the expert. But I think that's correct.
  15. malcolmd Guru

pinging Philippe directly...I'll hit you guys back when I've got more.
  16. I love the friendly tone and spirit of cooperation! Let's all help preserve that tone in this thread...

:smile5:
  17. wardmundy Nerd Uno

18. wardmundy Nerd Uno

Sorry to be dense. How does that solve the problem??
  19. It does not solve the problem per se, but it is noted in FreePBX ticket system that the function is deprecated and that we should switch to use odbc and cdr_adaptive_odbc.conf.

So, we were aware of it, and it is scheduled to be in FreePBX 2.10 (and in our distro).

Clearer now Ward?:wink5: