NEED MORE INFO Eth Device is em1 not eth0, issues installing PIAF-Green

spartan7

Reaction score
Server I am installing Incredible PBX on has an Ethernet device is em1 not eth0, issues installing PIAF-Green. During the installer is says there is no internet connection and goes into a diagnostic mode.

I have installed PIAF-Green about 1/2 dozen times no issues. I have it running for a friend on an old laptop which has the screen broken and never had issues. We love PIAF and would like to know how to resolve this issue.

I was thinking of updating the kickstarter file where it states eth0 to em1 but I thought it best to ask.

spartan7

Reaction score
renamed my em1 device to eth0 and still no dice. I have internet and can ping google or anything else fine, but when I try to install PIAF-Green it says its unavailable. I thought it was the device, now I don't know.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Hmm. Not sure what to suggest; the guide has always worked for me. ARe you installing 3.0.6.5? Sci Linux or CentOS? What kind of server?

GregKeys

Guru
Reaction score
I wrote that post, and, as I recall, PIAF installed just fine, it was just the FreePBX status screen that did not show correctly. Everything worked, it just was a minor irritant. Please elaborate on what you are seeing, and what kind of errors you are getting.

spartan7

Reaction score
Got time to work on it today and got it going. Weird even after getting online it did not populate a dns server. Once I added an ip to resolv.conf all the menu items became available on install menu.

I signed up for vitelity. I don't know if you guys get anything for me signing up through your link. I can provide info.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.