QUESTION Endpoint Manager v2.10.3.7: Re-assign template to many devices

Gerardo Barajas

Reaction score
Hello Folks.
I've been working with the Endpoint Manager since last three years. It really had helped us to manage almost 700 ip-phones. We are currently using Aastra, Yealink and Snom. Clicking here and there we adapted this module to work in our environment where there are 5 VLANS.
When we need to add/change the configuration for a device, we simply delete the current configuration (delete button) looking for the MAC Address; and then we add this MAC Address to the manager again with the proper data (brand, model of phone, line, extension and template). Everything works like charm. Now we need to move from one building to another. The challenge here is many user will be relocated and we do not know if current VLANs will be preserved. This implies the actual template (based on VLAN) for an specific MAC Address must be changed. My question is: is there a way for changing a bunch of MAC's their template without doing it one by one?

I was thinking on writing a shell script or a php program to directly update the template to any given MAC and extension. Perhaps invoking the "adding" URL like "wget http://ip-address/admin/config.php?...3&template_list=89&line_list=1&ext_list=77777" . The problem here are the admin credentials. Is this possible? Any hint would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.