QUESTION Endpoint manager pro installation question

rjm

Guru
Reaction score
Maybe I didn't get enough sleep last night, but I'm pulling my hair out with a new epm pro install.

I can't seem to push settings to the phones. I can reboot them, but they aren't picking up the configuration files.

Can someone point me to a guidance doc for installation? In the quickstart guide I did find that:

For FreePBX systems you define the port but you will need to setup your http configuration to direct the traffic from this port to the /tftpboot directory.

and I am confused if I need to do that, and if so how.

If there is a step by step guide somewhere that anyone knows about, it would be so helpful.

Thanks.

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
rjm

I don't know of any step-by-step guides. And, I'm not sure if this what you mean by "quickstart guide", but have you looked at the Endpoint Manager wiki?

Almost all phones should be able pull their firmware and configuration via t*f*t*p. Even I'm confused by that line you posted. o_O

rjm

Guru
Reaction score
Hi, and thank you. I am running grandstream dp715's for this install and I have the ip address in the config server path in the phone, as is Allow Option 66 to override the server. I do not have the /tftpboot along with the ip address if I need that. I know I am missing something stupid so thanks for yoru question.

rjm

Guru
Reaction score
randy7376 I did look at the wiki. Should I set up global configuration settings and the matching settings on the phones to t*f*t*p or http for pbxiaf green?

EPM can see the phones but not push the config to them. I can see ip addresses, response times, and even reboot, but not pull down the config files.

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
rjm

I'm not familiar with the DP715, but have glanced over some of the documentation I could find.

You may want to use a t*f*t*p client to verify that your t*f*t*p server is allowing access to your configuration and/or firmware files from the network. What t*f*t*p server are you running?

Can you verify that EPM is creating the MAC address configuration file or MACADDRESS.xml configuration file for these phones and check to see where they're stored? Make a note of the local path on the server. u Try pulling the configuration with a t*f*t*p client.

Other thoughts: Does the phone have a web management page you can look at? It's possible that if you only define the t*f*t*p server's IP address via the phone interface (per these instructions I found), the phone will default to looking for configuration/firmware in the root of the t*f*t*p sserver (typically /tftpboot) and not where EPM is storing them.

You may want to manually point the phone to where the configuration files reside in EPM to verify that t*f*t*p is indeed working.

Lastly, maybe someone who is actually familiar with the DP715 can add to the conversation.

rjm

Guru
Reaction score
@randy7376 Again, I really appreciate your help. I tried setting up for http on both the epm and piaf sides, and also for t*f*t*p. I suspect that t*f*t*p needs to somehow point the port to the /tftpboot directory in order to work. It does look like epm is working properly because I do get the IP addresses back for all my phones. I am kind of thinking that it's the phone reaching out to the configuration directory that is my issue.

I LOVE schmoozecom products but I do not like how difficult it is to find step by step installation instructions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.