Reaction score
PIAF Installed Version = 2.0.6.3 under *HARDWARE*
│ FreePBX Version = 2.9.0.12
│ Running Asterisk Version = 1.8.20.1
Asterisk Source Version = 1.8.20.1
Dahdi Source Version = 2.6.1+2.6.1
│ Libpri Source Version = 1.4.12
│ IP Address = 192.xxx.xxx.xxx on eth0
│ Operating System = CentOS release 6.3 (Final)
│ Kernel Version = 2.6.32-279.22.1.el6.i686 - 32 Bit
│ Incredible PBX 3 Version = 3.1.0

I am trying to set up a international route to the UK and Europe using a calling card. What i want is on the user side, they dial a a route password to make the international call, like user dials "12345" then dials the international number. in the background, after they dial 12345, the system dials the calling card number and/or password and connects to the number dialed.
This seems possible, but i'm unsure of the dial plan i would need to make for this to work. or really if it is possible.
I want to have a $30 calling card for use, so if something ever gets hacked or callers go crazy calling the UK, there will be an automatic limit.
Any detailed explanation would be greatly appreciated.

krakastan

Guru
Reaction score
I think there is a solution in resources

Later... There is here - much the same as lgaetz suggests:)....

If the only reason for a calling card is to restrict max spend an alternative would be to set up a another "outgoing account" without auto topup. access can then be controlled in the normal way via dialplans and pinsets

nateornat

Reaction score
Thanks, I ended up just creating a seperate account with a new SIP provider for international calling only. Then routing international numbers through them with a PW setup in PIAF. Works great. Thanks for all your help.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.