SUGGESTIONS Email Server on PIAF

Twilight Sparkle

https://voip.ms/en/invite/MjM2MjQ4
Reaction score
DONT KILL ME if im posting in wrong area. dont #BASH $ the Pony.

ok so if i install Incredible PBX 11

Can i install a disposible email system or at lest run an email system? or will it 1. interfer with PBX & 2. no inbound since security is tight and will not allow incoming connections?

let me know if this is possible!

MGD4me

Guru
Reaction score
I hate to use the old expression "it depends", but it depends. :eek:)

If you simply use the email server to send out occasional alerts for when a voice mail message is left for an extension, or for module updates, that really doesn't impose a significant load on the system. But, if it were to be used as a general purpose office email system, I certainly wouldn't go there.

How's that for a vague answer??

Cynjut

Reaction score
How 'bout this:

If you use it for incoming mail, you are likely to get over-run with SPAM, which affects the CPU and disk load. If, on the other hand, you are using it for outgoing mail only, they there's no likelihood that this will overwhelm your system.

The problem with using it for the inbound connection is two-fold: the first is that you will have jerks hammering away on port 25 all the time, which decreases your network bandwidth. The second is that, in addition to all of the incoming mail, you also have to provide the "ancillary" services for the mail that makes it in (virus scanning, POP3, IMAP, etc.). The actual mail services take a significant portion of your bandwidth (in both network and processor terms).

Now, if you're talking a small office (half a dozen to a dozen instruments and same number of recipients) you'll probably be fine on a relatively nice, beefy little machine.

Twilight Sparkle

https://voip.ms/en/invite/MjM2MjQ4
Reaction score
O MY.... soundz like im just asking for nothing but trouble then!

Cynjut

Reaction score
I wouldn't do it, but I'm not going to presume to understand your needs....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.