TIPS Dynamic IP makes SIP providers Unreachable though Registered

faixbp

Reaction score
My PBX in a Flash Green 3.0.6.5 system with FreePBX 2.11 and Incredible PBX 11.8 was recently built on CentOS 6.5.

The PBX is on a private LAN behind a Netgear router.

Initially Settings/Asterisk SIP Settings was configured as follows:

NAT: yes
IP Configuration: Public IP

When configured that way, my two SIP providers show both "Registered" and "OK" and seem to work.

As I actually do have a dynamic IP address, I tried changing Asterisk SIP Settings to dynamic:

NAT: yes
IP Configuration: Dynamic IP
Dynamic Host: xyz.dyndns.org
Local Networks: 123.456.789.0/255.255.255.0

But when I did that, my SIP providers both became "Unreachable," although they still showed as Registered.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

faixbp

Reaction score
UPDATED

Here's some new data:

If Asterisk SIP Settings is NAT/Dynamic IP and SIP ALG is disabled on my router, the SIP providers are now reachable--but Google Voice outbound calls then don't terminate (they ring permanently).

Google Voice outbound calls only work if SIP ALG is enabled, regardless of whether Asterisk SIP Settings are NAT/Public or NAT/Dynamic.

Thanks.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Google doesn't use SIP, so not sure what's up there. As usual it's a buggy SIP ALG I suspect. Since GV is going away in a month maybe it's time to make the switch rather than waste time on this?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.