Reaction score
All together now...

update-programs
update-source
update-fixes

Socs28

Reaction score
Another question on that

If I have changed things like the db and manager pw's, do those get over ridden? Also I use a custom .conf file in /etc/pbx/httpdconf/ that functions differently. Does that get messed with? I guess I'd like to know, when running those scripts, how much stuff other than the underlying programs themselves gets messed with?

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
It will update all of the digium source but generally leaves alone your custom stuff thus it is not a complete reinstall rather the digium stuff gets updated compiled, and the new binaries are installed. There are some other programs such as flite that is also recompiled under asterisk 1.8 only.

Worried? Back up everything using any number of methodologies available to you. (You do backup everything prior to doing major plumbing to your system...right?)

Once you have a complete backup and have tested the restore capability (You do test this prior to relying on a backup....Right?)

Perhaps an improved todo list should be:

1. Backup bare metal image of your PIAF system using whatever method you like

2. Test backup and restore of PIAF system prior to proceeding

3, Examine you reasons for upgrading and give your head a shake. Ask yourself if it is working do I really need to upgrade? If you do it is sometimes easier to do a reinstall with the very latest version of whatever color you need. (Remember the install program gets updated frequently when new methods or programs become available. Update-source only upgrades the Digium components, and optionally, the kernel and centos.)

4. Take a deep breath and run update-programs

5. run update-source

6. Run update-fixes

7. Reboot your system and then see what happens.

It is impossible to warranty that this will work on every system in the cosmic all! Every system is different and users have a tendency to "improve" things beyond what the original authors have the ability to foresee.

Does it work? I use it in my commercial practice when needed, which is not very often. <Works over here on all flavors of PIAF>

Beyond that your mileage may vary. No warranty express or implied. Good luck with this.

Regards

Tom

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
If I have changed things like the db and manager pw's, do those get over ridden? Also I use a custom .conf file in /etc/pbx/httpdconf/ that functions differently. Does that get messed with? I guess I'd like to know, when running those scripts, how much stuff other than the underlying programs themselves gets messed with?

Kinda depends on how much of our stuff got messed with. :crazy:

You know the beauty of the PIAF distro is that it's compiled from source unlike all of the others. What this means is you always have the option of downloading the latest Asterisk source and recompiling it yourself. Then none of "your stuff" will get messed with at all. :wink5:

dstamour

Reaction score
Is it posiible to only run update-source and say no to kernel update and yum update? My feeling is this will only update asterisk and dahdi. Am I right?

Thanks guys

LongIslandSoundCT

Reaction score
update-programs

I also have the dtmf problem and tried to run update-programs but it does not recognice that command.
What am i doing wrong?
i did:
update-source
update-scripts
update-fixes
but no success, any suggestions?
Thanks,
Robert

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Is it posiible to only run update-source and say no to kernel update and yum update? My feeling is this will only update asterisk and dahdi. Am I right?

Thanks guys
Yes, that is correct.

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
I also have the dtmf problem and tried to run update-programs but it does not recognice that command.
What am i doing wrong?
i did:
update-source
update-scripts
update-fixes
Thanks,
Robert
What version of PIAF are you running?

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
My guess is you are running an early version of PIAF prior to 1755. You have 2 choices

upgrade to 1755 current build

or

hand compile in the patch you need.

While the programs you are running are available they are no longer maintained for the earlier versions of PIAF.

Of course update-scripts disappeared in an early version of 1755 point 2 I believe there was an upgrade path in it to get update programs. The current control and upgrade programs from the 1755 generation are NOT backwards compatible with earlier builds of PIAF I am afraid.

all current builds of PIAF gold which uses a frozen version of asterisk have the DTMF installed prior to packaging into a payload file by our build system. The other current flavors of PIAF silver/bronze/purple already have this patch.

If you are using any version of PIAF 1.0 to 1.6 I am afraid you will have to do some hand patching.

Tom

What am i doing wrong?
i did:
update-source
update-scripts
update-fixes
Thanks,
Robert

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.