QUESTION Drop through to different trunk with different dialling rules.

LesD

Reaction score
I have two trunks where I want to use one as a backup to the other but they have different dialling routes.

One must always have a '00' prefix followed by the country code while the other starts with just the country code.

Is there a way to implement this?

rchalk

Reaction score
Do you mean that you want users to dial 00 to select a specific route, or do you mean that the one trunk provider needs to see the 00, while the other does not?

rchalk

Reaction score
If you want this to be caller-controlled, then you would put the 00 in the prefix field in the dial pattern. This means that the caller has to dial 00, but that it will not be sent. If you need the system to add the 00 to an outbound call, you put the 00 in the prepend field. This means that the system will send 00 ahead of any dialed digits.

If the requirement is trunk-specific, and not route-specific, you would put this in the Dialed Number Manipulation Rules on the TRUNK setup, not the ROUTE setup.

Hope this helps.

LesD

Reaction score
The user dials a number in a recognisable pattern, and the outbound route builds the dial pattern with a '00' prefix as required by the primary trunk.

The drop-through trunk needs the number formatted without the '00'.

I did occasionally wonder what the purpose of the rules were on the trunk but never took it further.

Now I understand.

Thank you for the solution.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.