TIPS Documentation on backing up config files and google voice motif accounts

trupsalms

Reaction score
I hate having to reconfigure everything from scratch is there a easy way to back up certain config files. And easy restore on a new asterisk machine.

chris_c_

Reaction score
I hate having to reconfigure everything from scratch is there a easy way to back up certain config files. And easy restore on a new asterisk machine.
Have you had a look at Admin / Backup and Restore. In there you can specify what to backup. By default it backs up the config which is stored in the mysql database. Try going into Default Backup, and drag Full Backup onto the Backup Items list, and run that backup. If you look into it you should be able to see if that backs up the google voice motif settings and .conf config files saved on the file system.

trupsalms

Reaction score
Have you had a look at Admin / Backup and Restore. In there you can specify what to backup. By default it backs up the config which is stored in the mysql database. Try going into Default Backup, and drag Full Backup onto the Backup Items list, and run that backup. If you look into it you should be able to see if that backs up the google voice motif settings and .conf config files saved on the file system.
Free cloud based solutions, only have 10gb of space, no room at all for running the back up utilities.

chris_c_

Reaction score
Free cloud based solutions, only have 10gb of space, no room at all for running the back up utilities.
Try the scripts /root/incrediblebackup and /root/incrediblerestore they compress the backup file, it's reasonable size, about 520 MB on my system, a relatively recently installed ipbx 13-12 on ubuntu 14.

trupsalms

Reaction score
Try the scripts /root/incrediblebackup and /root/incrediblerestore they compress the backup file, it's reasonable size, about 520 MB on my system, a relatively recently installed ipbx 13-12 on ubuntu 14.
I'm on ubuntu 14, asterisk 12, freepbx 12, I want to keep my custom conf, when I reinstall to asterisk 13, freepbx 13.

chris_c_

Reaction score
I'm on ubuntu 14, asterisk 12, freepbx 12, I want to keep my custom conf, when I reinstall to asterisk 13, freepbx 13.
I don't know whether anyone's taken the time to identify all the config files and folders necessary to restore your custom config over the top of a fresh reinstall.
One place you could start is having a look at the contents of the incrediblebackup script, post a list of the locations it backs up, and see if anyone knows of any other files or folders needed to do a restore of the configuration only.

trupsalms

Reaction score
I'm driving trucks now, don't have access to a computer using my phone for the little I can do. I just don't want to lose the custom config, most of which are in extent custom config

trupsalms

Reaction score
I don't know whether anyone's taken the time to identify all the config files and folders necessary to restore your custom config over the top of a fresh reinstall.
One place you could start is having a look at the contents of the incrediblebackup script, post a list of the locations it backs up, and see if anyone knows of any other files or folders needed to do a restore of the configuration only.
I took a look at incredible PBX backup script it does back up the Directory in which I need which is only etc asterisk the only issue is transferring it from version to version I'm going from 12 to 13, please some one help me.

chris_c_

Reaction score

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.