GO HERE Do you send SMS through VoIP ?

TDF

Reaction score
Just curious if many people send SMS through VoIP or if they even have a provider that lets them do it.

A common way is in this format, it can be typed or pasted into the browser bar and off goes the text

hxxps://myaccount.provider.com/clx/sendsms.php?username=xxxxxxxxxx&password=xxxxxxxxxx&from=xxxxxxxxxx&to=xxxxxxxxxx&text=xxxxxxxxxx

it seemed a little awkward to me so I made a simple webpage and stuck it in one of the directories.

18182108xm4.jpg

Now I'm thinking it could be tidied up added to another tab in asteridex and made to use the asteridex phonebook, just wondered if it is something others might be interested in or is it just me.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Just curious as to which providers support this. That would give us some idea of the value of the utility. Thx.

TDF

Reaction score
I'm not sure tbh Ward, it was my reason for asking really to see if many of the providers people use have this ability and if many use it.

I know all or nearly all the Finarea/Betamax variants do, then theres a lot of companies that just do SMS.

I was just curious, I'm not wishing to fill Asteridex full of crap or even presuming that you would be interested in my ideas, its just something I will try to do for my own satisfaction so thought I'd ask if others were interested.

TDF

Reaction score
Ive been having a play around with this, I've butchered Asteridex and turned it into AsteriSMS :lol:

I'm a little stuck on the string that used to open the callboth pop up, it now opens the sms box, but I need to make it insert the phone number.

Code:
echo "<A HREF=\"javascript:void(window.open('./sms.php?SEQ=654321" . "&amp;OUT=" . $row["out"]  . "',%20'Window2',%20config='height=250,width=550'))\" onMouseover=\"window.status='".$row["out"]." onMouseout=\"window.status=' '; return true\">" . $row["name"] . "<span> " .$row["out"] . " " . "</span>" . "</A><BR><BR>\n" ;
Any ideas how to accomplish this.

TDF

Reaction score
I'm still stuck with this so thought I'd give it another try in case someone can spot the problem.

I click a entry in the Asteridex/sms phonebook and it runs this

Code:
javascript:void(window.open('./sms.php?SEQ=654321&OUT=00351962356472',%20'Window2',%20config='height=250,width=550'))
the pop up opens but it doesnt enter the phone number.

the relevant part of index.php

Code:
echo "<TD vAlign=top width=\"$w\"><FONT face=verdana,sans-serif>\n" ;
    $query = "SELECT * FROM user1 where name between '$chr' AND '$chr".'zzzz'."' order by name asc";
    $result = mysql_query($query)
        or die("Web site query failed");
    while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {
     echo "<A HREF=\"javascript:void(window.open('./sms.php?SEQ=654321" . "&amp;OUT=" . $row["out"]  . "',%20'Window2',%20config='height=250,width=550'))\" onMouseover=\"window.status='".$row["out"]." onMouseout=\"window.status=' '; return true\">" . $row["name"] . "<span> " .$row["out"] . " " . "</span>" . "</A><BR><BR>\n" ;
and the sms.php

Code:
<tr><td><b>SMS to</b></td><td><input type="text" name="to"></td></tr>
        <tr><td><b>Message</b></td><td><textarea name="text" rows=5 cols=40 onkeyup="limitChars(this, 160, 'charlimitinfo')"></textarea><br />
        <span id="charlimitinfo" style=" float:left; color:#aa3333; font-size:15px; font-family:vardana" >Maximum 160 characters.</textarea></td></tr>
        <tr><td> </td><td><input type="submit" value="  Send SMS  "></td></tr>

I'm hoping someone can see what I expect it a simple problem although beyond me.

tel0p

Guru
Reaction score
hmm

I think what you're after is auto-populating the TO: field of the form with the 'OUT' number passed in..

edit your sms.php code posted above to look like this:
Code:
<tr><td><b>SMS to</b></td><td><input type="text" name="to" [COLOR=Red]value="<?PHP echo $OUT;?>"[/COLOR]></td></tr>
        <tr><td><b>Message</b></td><td><textarea name="text" rows=5 cols=40 onkeyup="limitChars(this, 160, 'charlimitinfo')"></textarea><br />
        <span id="charlimitinfo" style=" float:left; color:#aa3333; font-size:15px; font-family:vardana" >Maximum 160 characters.</textarea></td></tr>
        <tr><td> </td><td><input type="submit" value="  Send SMS  "></td></tr>
This is the general idea, if it makes sense to you. You're basically rendering the html form per normal but using PHP to 'echo' the variable in memory called $OUT. I just woke up so am a little foggy and could be missing variable declaration or something simple.

tel0p

Guru
Reaction score
ok

Not a bother. To go one further try adding or editing your <body> tag in sms.php to set the focus to the txt area, 'onload'. Like:

Code:
<body onLoad="[COLOR=Red]form[/COLOR].text.focus();">
Make sure to replace form with the name of your <form>. You didn't include it. This should, in theory, set [the cursor] focus on the txt area as soon as the popup loads...

TDF

Reaction score
Thanks again tel0p, I couldn't get it working for some reason even after trying every combination I could imagine and finding the missing bit, while searching for answers I found a bit of JS to do the same thing though.

vcallaway, in what way are you unhappy with the phone service ? I know you only get what you pay for etc. but I have to say they have been absolutely trouble free for me.

That page is where I got the info for the string, I used it a few times before getting tired of it and looking for a better way. I've been through a few variations before finding Wards Asteridex which I use mainly as a caller id look up source but now provides the phonebook for AsteriSMS lol

I've attached it incase its any use to you or anyone else.

Its could probobally benifit from tidying up in places, I've just bodged bits together with trial and error and luck mostly.

The problem I need to work out now is the phone numbers, I need to strip the leading 0 and add +44

Attachments

• asteriSMS.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 9

Ping2

Reaction score
No, I send SMS by chan_dongle and the php script.
But I would like to send the same message to 30 different mobile numbers in a text file. Can anyone point me in the right direction/script ?
-Ping2

Ping2

Reaction score
Yes, this is the right direction, and I will replace gvoice command with an asterisk sms chan_dongle cmd, but this was somewhat hard. I need to send 8bit ascii, and my guess is that you send ENCODE64 but all examples out there sends only 7bit ascii. (There are lots of examples how to -receive- sms encoded64, but none how to send?
/Ping2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.