DEAL Dirt Cheap WiFi Phone $25

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score

Quad-core 1.2GHz processor and 1.0GB of RAM deliver exceptional overall phone performance for opening and running applications. Free Skype calling, free Google Voice calling, free Ring.to calling in U.S./Canada. Can't go wrong with this one.

kenn10

Reaction score
I've had one for over a year. I use it on PagePlus Cellular on the $29.99 plan but if I didn't want a ton of data, I could get a $12 plan. Love this phone and save a ton of money over VZ prepaid or postpaid service.

Disclaimer: This is 3G only and has no SIM card or memory card slot. 8-Gig of memory built in. Don't get this thinking you'll get 4G. It will work with any Verizon reseller network with no hacking required.

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
It went up $5. It was $20 the other day but I read that was a one-day-only deal.

TriStarGod

Reaction score
It doesn't need (or come with) a prepaid plan if I'm using it only on Wifi, right?

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
It doesn't need (or come with) a prepaid plan if I'm using it only on Wifi, right?

Correct. Buy it without a plan. Never add one. Perfectly fine WiFi device, usable with all manner of SIP/IAX2 clients.

There is a bit of a trick to getting it up and running without technically "activating" it on cellular service. See this thread on DLSReports:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30066298-Equipment-Another-possible-SIP-WiFi-extension-under-20

Scroll down to the material posted by N9MD...

TirsoJRP

Reaction score
Got one, too bad I couldn't get more before the offer ended.

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score
I can't afford the delivery requirements; still learning to walk on water :boat:

Jay Deal

Phhhhhhhhttttttt :)
Reaction score
I don't know how long it will last but if you can find the right prepaid Sprint phone , you can activate it on Ring plus which is a Sprint MVNO. Ring Plus has several free plans that require no credit card or any other financial commitment and you get a real DID that accepts incoming with a bucket of 200 free minutes a month. The only caveat is that you have to listen to ads or music when the phone is ringing a number but it's not obnoxious. So not only do you get a good Wi-Fi phone you also get a real phone number at the same time.

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
I'm using RingPlus. I was lucky enough to get one of their freebie "Future - Phase 3" plans that offer 1000/1000/1000 (cost me a $6.26-inclusive-of-Chicago-taxes "top-up). Put a cheap LG Volt on it and it has become my primary cellphone. Some ugliness but, hey, it's free month-to-month. My VZW network phone is currently in a drawer but can be retrieved on a moment's notice if there is a Sprint/RingPlus melt-down. I have another old handset (VM Optimus V) on their "VIP Free Plan" $0.00 for 200/70/120.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.