QUESTION Directory by name config

sergiocesar

Reaction score
latest release GREEN with incrediblepbx installed.
I used to be able to set the directory to either first name or last name.
This one I just can not find where it is done so I can set it to last name. it works for first name only...
Any hint is appreciated.

I am also confused as to what is what as I have installed modules and I can not tell what is what
if someone can explain what they do or what is the diff from one to the other?

under System
  • Phonebook 2.11.0.2 Schmooze Com Inc Enabled
  • Phonebook Directory 2.11.0.1 Schmooze Com Inc Enabled

and under application I have
Directory 2.11.0.5 Schmooze Com Inc Enabled

sergiocesar

Reaction score
So far if I use "Phonebook" it will ask me for the first 3 or more letters of first or last name. on a match it will tell me the ext number and send me directly there, never say the name.
If I use "Phonebook Directory" it will ask for the first 3 letters of first name "ONLY" and on a match it will spell out the name of the person even if the user have recorded their name.
How can I configure one or the other so it will allow both first or last name AND say the name if it is recorded with the ext#. there is an version of the phone book that does that but I can not find it.
Can anyone help me on this please?

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
Application->Directory (are you using default?) if so ->default on right

scroll down a bit and there is a selection to announce the extension.

Then scroll down a bit more to see the entries in the directory.
The columns are: Name -- Name Announcement -- Dial

The 1st and 3rd columns seem a bit greyed out. this is what is taken from the extensions themselves.
What you want to do is change the 2nd column from Voicemail Greeting (as if the extension has no recorded name - it won't paly one) to
either Spell Name (which seems to be a little pointless -- or -- Text to Speech which will make its best attempt at the pronounciation of the name.

This should get you going, best of luck

sergiocesar

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply.
I think this may be a bit buggy, I see what you say, but it show no users in there until I go and select "Include" on each extension.
Then the name will appear in the list. BUT as soon as I change one entry to text-to-speech and apply changes they ALL disappear from the list and they are reset to be excluded from the list in each extension.
In the case i make no change and leave it as "voicemail greeting" I never get to hear the recorded name always it spells it out.
Any more ideas are welcome.

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
Add all extensions again then submit and apply. Then go back and change to text to speech.after all have been changed submit and apply again.

I believe this happened to me too and that is what I had to do.

sergiocesar

Reaction score
Very weird, as I came back next day and all is working. how it got fixed I have no clue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jetest
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.