QUESTION Digium phone intercom button?

edisoninfo

Guru
Reaction score
How do I create an intercom button on the Digium phones?

If I dial *80xxx the called phone rings one ring then beeps and goes into the speakerphone mode. How do I stop that one ring before the beep?

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
My guess (disclaimer: haven't used the Digium phones) is that the ring is intentional to alert the person that someone's barging into their phone. That's how my Snom 870 and a few others are.
When you say intercom button, do you mean you push a button then either type in an extension or push another button that then intercoms the target? So it adds a *80 prefix?

edisoninfo

Guru
Reaction score
I like the "beep" before the speakerphone kicks in. That is fine. As you say it alerts the called person that the phone is on. What I don't like about the Digium phones at the moment, is they play an actual "Ring" before the "beep" as if a normal call was coming in. I found in the docs that there are four different modes the phone can be put in but I can't find where to change it.

Yes, I would at the very least like to program *80 into a button and then have the user enter the 3 digit extension they are calling.

malcolmd

Guru
Reaction score
Howdy,

That's because, if you're using DPMA, there are some alerts already loaded onto your phone. Those alerts are "normal" which presents the normal ringing, "ring-answer" which presents the ring followed by answer ringing, "visual" which makes the phone appear to ring without actually playing a tone, and "intercom" which causes the phone to immediately answer.

FreePBX is set, for the *80 paging / intercom prefix, to use the ring-answer alert, per the database. You'll have to go down into database land to change this.

Code:
[root@localhost ~]# amportal a m
mysql> use asterisk;
mysql> update paging_autoanswer set setting='Alert-Info: intercom' where useragent='Digium';
mysql> quit

Then go do something to change FreePBX so you have to press the red button. Press it, then try again.

If you want to change things back, then you'd:

Code:
[root@localhost ~]# amportal a m
mysql> use asterisk;
mysql> update paging_autoanswer set setting='Alert-Info: ring-answer' where useragent='Digium';
mysql> quit

Cheers

malcolmd

Guru
Reaction score
A small update; looks like the OSS Endpoint manager sets those alerts also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.