FOOD FOR THOUGHT DIDforSale????

jribbing13

Reaction score
Has anyone really used DIDforSale? Is it true they offer 20 channels per DID? Is it for inbound and outbound?

Scenario:
Say I have a company of 10 users. With one DID from DIDforSale they all can be on the phone at the same time whether they took a call or made a call outside their network?

Thanks. :banghead:

Just so many questions and so many capabilities that I love it.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
DID with 20 incoming channels for $8.99. Hope they make it!! You also can pay as you go with $1 DIDs plus .004 per minute. If you'd like to try the Nerd Vittles demo number at didforsale, call 281-504-0037. It's good for 24 hours at no cost. You, too, can get a free number and try the service yourself without paying a nickel. Very nice idea for a new provider!

Here are the trunk settings that worked for us. You also have to associate your DID with the IP address of your PBX in a Flash server on their portal site. Then just create an inbound route using an 11-digit DID, e.g. 12815040037 in our case.

HTML:
Trunk Name: didforsale

disallow=all
allow=ulaw
canrinvite=yes
context=from-trunk
dtmfmode=auto
host=209.216.2.211
nat=yes
type=peer

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
281-504-0037 still working for those that want to try out the voice quality.

Gibran27703

Reaction score
I reviewed their website couple of times and read their policies, no where did they post any restrictions.

I decided to send them an email yesterday to clarify their 24 channel DIDs, still no response and no number on the site to call.

Nabil

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
8.99 gets you 20 channels. You probably wouldn't want 20 channels on the pay-per-minute DID plan anyway.

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
DidForSale Kaput?

I tried Ward's test number -- works fine...

I have an account -- just sent an email to sales asking about a test DID. the email failed:

"
Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table (state 14)."

Heck, I guess you are not very interested in new business if you cannot keep your sales email account working!

Does anybody know who this company actually is?

Gerry

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
The rates sound good, but I'd want to know how they handle LNP before I'd do anything with them. Would want to know you can yank numbers out of there if necessary.

tabbertmj

Reaction score
I use DIDforSale. I just use the per minute plan. They will charge you twenty some dollars if you decide to change from per minute to flat rate. I have never had enough calls to see if I get the full 50 channels.
Now, if you are looking for a good option for termination, I use Flowroute. They are .098 per minute. Quality is good, and I haven't had the connection issues like I had with Les.net.

dobbs

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I think their service is inbound only.

tabbertmj

Reaction score
I don't think they offer termination yet. They don't have it advertised yet anyways.

jribbing13

Reaction score
That looks good but I am looking for outbound termination. As many as I can get. Right now I have Voice Pulse and they only allow 4, which is good, but the bad part about it is for more channels you have to pay $20 extra a month? Looking for a solution to have 10 users on the phone at the same time, making outbound calls, for the most reasonable price?

Thanks for all your advice. It has been very helpfull.

tabbertmj

Reaction score
I would look at Flowroute. The prices are good. I can't remember the maximum number of channels, but it is in the three digits. That should be more than enough for most people. They do require a first time credit of $35. I thought it was steep at first, but took the plunge for the rates. It will last me a long time as I don't make many calls.

tabbertmj

Reaction score
That is all I use Flowroute for is outbound. I found better prices for DID's elsewhere.

VoicePulse

Reaction score
jribbing13,

Please call in and talk to someone in sales if you haven't already. We can probably waive a portion of the channel fees depending on your expected usage.

tabbertmj

Reaction score
They don't set a limit. The only one is if you order an unlimited inbound DID. Then they limit you to two channels. As long as you have the bandwidth, you can place the call.

jribbing13

Reaction score
All is great info but I think I need to really explain what I want to do:

I want one (1) incoming DID for my business.

I have 10 employees - who need to be able to make and receive calls whenever.

If anyone has any recommendations on how to set this up that would be great.

That is where I am getting confused.

I have about 10 SMB's that already want to go the PIAF way!!!!

tabbertmj

Reaction score
I would go with DID's from DIDforSale. As they provide 20 channels for each inbound number for $9. I have had good luck with them.

For outbound termination, I would use flowroute. Good prices, and I have not lost a call with them. Also, get a second outbound provider as a backup. It never hurts to have a second trunk set up.

Boolah

Guru
Reaction score
Do the 10 employees each need their own direct dial number or will they be reached through the main number?

If you only need your main number and no direct dials, you only need one DID.

Unless you're looking for something similar to a virtual PRI, just about all PAYG providers provided unlimited outbound channels (limited only by your available bandwidth).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.