TIPS Dial Initiation

felterbush

Reaction score
When dialing out from a handset, if I pickup the handset and dial 7 or 10 digits the phone will sit there until I hit # or the Dial button.
of course if I dial then pickup the handset it starts dialing that way also.
I have other installs that I can pickup the handset dial 7 or 10 digits and it start dialing.
In my office anyone can pickup the handset and dial and a second or two after pushing the number it starts dialing. Currently my handset is in the same condition, I have to initiate the call with # or the Dial button which the problem has to be in the individual phone config files.
thanks in advance for any help.

Dave Gray

Guru
Reaction score
It's hard to give advice when we have no idea of what hardware you have, but...

This sounds like the dial string (part of the phones settings.) In the phones I have, there's an inter-digit timeout that you can set that will try to guess when you're done dialing, and send the dialed # on to the pbx.

felterbush

Reaction score
It's hard to give advice when we have no idea of what hardware you have, but...

This sounds like the dial string (part of the phones settings.) In the phones I have, there's an inter-digit timeout that you can set that will try to guess when you're done dialing, and send the dialed # on to the pbx.
Sorry i have the polycom 335 handsets I have a 7 digit dial plan in the phone but does it need to corrispond with a dial plan in the pbx or my handsets config file?

felterbush

Reaction score
I put the dial plan in my mac_reg.cfg file but some other file is over writing it.

felterbush

Reaction score
Got it, i needed to have the dialplan /digitmaps in the endpoint template manager.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.