FOOD FOR THOUGHT Debian 8 jessie

Thomas Lageotakes

Reaction score
I have a 32 bit mini atom pc that I use as a file server at work. It is currently running debian 8 jessie. I want to install incredible pbx on it. I can't find one for debian 32bit. Is there a script that will install the same incredible pbx as I installed on my Raspberry Pi 2 with Asterisk 13. The only one I could find was PBX 11 installer for the 64-bit Debian 7 on this web page http://pbxinaflash.com/community/in...epbx-to-incredible-pbx-gui.17409/#post-112433. The motherboard is a 32bit motherboard.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Haven't tackled Debian 8 yet. There are apparently problems on the RasPi using this build so it's more than just the 32-bit v. 64-bit architecture issue.

RPi-Fan

Reaction score
Haven't tackled Debian 8 yet. There are apparently problems on the RasPi using this build...
Do you know what these problem are or can you give us a pointer to a discussion?

I'm successfully building Raspberry Pi systems with all possible combinations of FreePBX 2.11/12/13 + Asterisk 11/12/13 and haven't run into any problems using either Debian 7 (Wheezy) or Debian 8 (Jessie) as the foundation.

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
RasPBX has been on Jessie for a while. No issues where I am running it. A few other non-asterisk Pi's on Jessie without issue. All headless configs.

I'm still working on my "base" IPBX build setup. Stayed with Wheezy per the docs. Once settled, I'll attempt a dist-upgrade to Jessie, then probably attempt a clean install on Jessie and see how it goes.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@RPi-Fan and @jerrm: I was just reporting what I had been told by some of the early adopters. Haven't had time to personally experiment with Jessie yet. We would welcome some pioneering with feedback. Thanks.

Thomas Lageotakes

Reaction score
Do you know what these problem are or can you give us a pointer to a discussion?

I'm successfully building Raspberry Pi systems with all possible combinations of FreePBX 2.11/12/13 + Asterisk 11/12/13 and haven't run into any problems using either Debian 7 (Wheezy) or Debian 8 (Jessie) as the foundation.
Does that mean I can use the raspberry pi2 script found at http://nerdvittles.com/?p=14787 on my Debian 8 system?

RPi-Fan

Reaction score
Does that mean I can use the raspberry pi2 script found at http://nerdvittles.com/?p=14787 on my Debian 8 system?
Probably not. There are a few subtle differences, such as where apache2 stores things, how services such as iptables are started, etc. However, it's very easy for a script to detect which O/S you're running and adapt accordingly in a couple of places.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.