Day Night Mode Missing

LesD

Reaction score
I am trying to install the Aastra scripts and have received a warning that Day Night Mode is not configured.

Not only is it not configured but it is missing!

It is not on the Setup tab nor is it listed in Module Admin. I can't find anywhere to upload it from.

I am on FreePBX 2.9.0.7

mbrevda

Guru
Reaction score
Its been renamed to Call Flow to better reflect is general call-flow toggle ability, of which day/night mode is just one possible use case.

LesD

Reaction score
Its been renamed to Call Flow to better reflect is general call-flow toggle ability, of which day/night mode is just one possible use case.

Phew! Thank you. I thought I had damaged something. Thank you.

LesD

Reaction score
Which begs the question, is the aastra script daynight.php compatible with with the newly renamed Call Flow module?

To be perfectly honest - at this stage I do not care. To explain:

I am new to Asterisk. I was advised to get Aastra phones, preferably the 57i. Till now we have had a Panasonic switchboard but with our prospective move abroad, and the wish for a flexible 'international' switchboard we have ported our landline number to Sipgate and started to get familiar with Asterisk.

I have spent the last 2-3 weeks trying to get to grips with all of this. With the help of all the good people here I have learnt a lot.

So far the biggest 'bonus' has been AsteriDex but there are still a few basics that are missing and I was hoping that the installation of this 'standard' script would provide them. There are some very nice things there but what I need, and do not seem to have, is the basics that my Panasonic gave me.

My research indicates it can all be done - I just can't do it!

My basic outstanding shopping list:

1. If I am on a call and an other call comes in then the phone does not show up the call, even though all 4 lines are shown as registered. Worse still, if I hang up L1 it still does not show the incoming call. I would like a line key to flash and CID to show up.

2. Typically we only have two or three people present at a time. I need to have an indication when lines are in use (indicating people are on calls). It would be nice to know which extension is in use (about 8 in total) but not essential.

Not a lot to ask for :)

I would gladly forgo my biorhythms and horoscope for a few blinking lights!

LesD

Reaction score
- I am using a ring group to ring all extensions
- Skip Busy Agent is not ticked
- Call waiting was disabled.

I enabled call waiting - and it works! Easy! As you said. Thank you very much. That is solved. Now just sort to out BLF.

I will go and play a bit with Endpoint Manager to see if I can get something there to work.

LesD

Reaction score
Not getting very far:

1. Advanced Settings: What do I put into

- Global Final Config & Firmware Directory (I am actually using my own FTP server rather than t*f*t*p on the phone server. Is this a problem?)

- NMAP executable path:

- ARP executable path:
- Asterisk executable path:
- Enable FreePBX ARI Module and the other tick boxes

If I try to update globals I get: Directory Not Writable!

I have manually uploaded "provisioner_net.tgz" as the automatic did not work.

Where to next? I cannot find any option or action that actually does anything. Probably just as Easy as the caller waiting :) just need to know what to do.

Documentation at http://www.provisioner.net is a little sparse and circular.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Not getting very far:

1. Advanced Settings: What do I put into

- Global Final Config & Firmware Directory (I am actually using my own FTP server rather than t*f*t*p on the phone server. Is this a problem?)

Sort of, if you don't understand exactly what you're doing with this (and because you're new it would surprise me if you did, because I've been at it for a couple years now and I don't), then it just wont work very easily.

The best solution is to let the prepackaged things do their job. Part of the complications you may be experiencing are because you're running Freepbx 2.9 instead of 2.8 which it comes with (I assume you upgraded).

In short, if you want the endpoint provisioner to work, simply stick with the defaults and make sure /tftpboot is writable (do a search for tftpboot and you'll find what to do if its not). Then configure your DHCP server with option 66 and 150 to point at your PIAF server, and set the phones to use t*f*t*p for their configuration.

Stewart

Guru
Reaction score
+1

I've worked on several boxes that were broken because someone decided to upgrade. If it's not broken, don't fix it. Don't do the upgrades if you don't need to. And for me, the endpoint manager isn't good to use with the Aastra phones. There's no need to provision them since they have the login/logout scripts.

LesD

Reaction score
The reason for using FTP was that I use the DHCP server on my router and it does not have option 66 etc and did not want to get involved with setting up a second DHCP server (never done it before).

I have reached the point that the phones now work showing multiple incoming lines. All that is missing is to define some of the buttons with BLF functions.

I was hoping that I could do that manually without the need to get the Endpoint module involved - which could possibly break what I already have working.

Stewart

Guru
Reaction score
It can easily be done via the phone config menu. In fact, that's how I set all my systems up. I'm not personally fond of the option 66 method since most of the companies I go into are using routers that don't have the ability to set any options. Besides, the Aastra phones often find the server on their own anyway but I program it in anyways just to be safe. So unless there is a security issue (or your dealing with Polycom phones which can be dreadfully slow on t*f*t*p at times) just use t*f*t*p and be glad for one less headache.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jetest
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.