DAHDI trunk busy??

dad311

Guru
Reaction score
Ive setup a new Sangoma B600 and configured the 4 analog trunks using "Zap Trunk (DAHDI compatibility mode)".

Here is the issue, 1st analog line is busy, Asterisk will not try line 2,3 or 4. I just get "busy". So basically call will not drop to the next available trunk.

Im using Asterisk1.8.7.2 and FreePBX 2.8.1.4.

ideas??

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
Check that they are in a group and that the outbound route is to Gn, where G is capitalized so that it will try 4 3 2 1 for you..

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+ZAP+channels
-------

Ive setup a new Sangoma B600 and configured the 4 analog trunks using "Zap Trunk (DAHDI compatibility mode)".

Here is the issue, 1st analog line is busy, Asterisk will not try line 2,3 or 4. I just get "busy". So basically call will not drop to the next available trunk.

Im using Asterisk1.8.7.2 and FreePBX 2.8.1.4.

ideas??

dad311

Guru
Reaction score
Thanks, I have not setup any analog trunks since the zaptel days.

I changed my trunk to G0 instead of four single trunks (1,2,3,4). All seems to be working now.

At one time it was recommended to separate each analog line. Has this changed? I guess it doesn't matter, if G0 will dial-out in reverse order of incoming calls.

Oh, it appears that the PBX is smart enough to know which lines have dial tone and which do not. Do you know how this happens?

Also, any idea why dahdi_tool shows a total of 24 ports and dahdi show channels only shows 5?

dahdi_tool:
Current Alarms: No alarms. │ │
Sync Source: Internally clocked
IRQ Misses: 0
Bipolar Viol: 0
Tx/Rx Levels: 0/ 0
Total/Conf/Act: 24/ 5/ 1

pbx*CLI> dahdi show channels
Chan Extension Context Language MOH Interpret Blocked State
pseudo default default In Service
1 from-zaptel default In Service
2 from-zaptel default In Service
3 from-zaptel default In Service
4 from-zaptel default In Service
5 from-internal default In Service

COMPLETE DAHDI REPORT

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
At one time it was recommended to separate each analog line. Has this changed?

It's better to use g0 or G0 because the first available line is used. g0 will dial out in ascending order, G0 will dial out in descending order. Using individual lines will just return busy signals and probably make your dialplan more complex. Maybe if you treated each as a trunk then listed them as alternatives in the outbound route. That would probably take longer or maybe it's just the same thing?

Oh, it appears that the PBX is smart enough to know which lines have dial tone and which do not. Do you know how this happens?

It's hardware magic. Dialtone comes from the PSTN and provides a voltage. No voltage, no dialtone.

Also, any idea why dahdi_tool shows a total of 24 ports and dahdi show channels only shows 5?

Most cards are actually T1 cards (24 channels) that come with a base install - 5 in your case. Adding daughterboards can expand the card to 24 channels. They just keep stacking the daughterboards on top of each other.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.