TIPS custom anouncement

hanksmith5

Reaction score
Hello I recorded some anouncements on my computer saved them in the proper format where do I upload them on pbx in a flash to use them? I used to know this but totally forgot where there stored at for custom anouncements thanks Hank

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
without details of your system centos, sci-lin, rasPi, BBB, Ubuntu whatever...

/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/custom

hanksmith5

Reaction score
Hello am using incredible pbx on centos 6.5 I pasted it in to the var/lib/asterisk/sounds/custom directory when I go in to anouncements in freepbx it isn't showing up in the list. is there another spot I need to be putting the wav files?

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
Hello am using incredible pbx on centos 6.5 I pasted it in to the var/lib/asterisk/sounds/custom directory when I go in to anouncements in freepbx it isn't showing up in the list. is there another spot I need to be putting the wav files?
FreePBX can't know about the recordings/files unless you upload them through the "System Recordings" function in FreePBX. The database won't otherwise get updated to permit the use of the sound files in the var/lib/asterisk/sounds/custom folder unless you use "System Recordings" to put them on your PIAF.

"Pasting" the files to PIAF won't work. The simplest way to upload the files is to store them on your computer, then Browse to the files (one at a time) on your computer, give the file a name (it's different from the file name), click the Upload button.

Note that the file must be Mono (one channel), PCM Encoded, 16 Bits, at 8000Hz.

/Pete./

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
The OP only asked WHERE the files go, so that's all I provided as I thought he knew you need to make them available from 'system recordings'

but I do disagree that uploading 1 by one is best as if you have a lot of files, that can be very time consuming as time goes on.

What I do is use a program like WinSCP to FTP them to the directory then go through system recordings and choose the built-in recordings link on the right side and in the 1st field just start typing the filename and the list shortens (predictive selection) - select it and the next screen uses the directory and filename as the name used in order to invoke the recording which you can then change and shorten - click submit at the bottom and Apply Config.

If you have a reason to string recordings together, follow above to choose the first part and name the recording as a whole and just above the submit is where the recording is with additional lines to add additional parts (in the same way as the first). Select all relevant parts and then click submit.

I would have mentioned the entire process if that is what was asked, but as stated the OP only asked for location. A great example of details matter.

Good Luck

hanksmith5

Reaction score
Hello went in to system recordings and went to upload the file there am getting the following [ERROR] The Recorded File Does Not exists:
/var/spool/asterisk/tmp/unnumbered-ivrrecording.wav

make sure you uploaded or recorded a file with the entered extension I did how ever get to the recording threw built in recordings and then finding it manually and adding it way, have no idea why it wouldn't let me upload directly I had to sftp the file in then add it threw the way I described totally weird if you ask me. any ideas why it wouldn't let me upload directly?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.