running Asterisk source is also 1.8.19.1
dahdi source version 2.6.1+2.6.1
libpri source version 1.4.12
centos release 6.3
kernel version 2.6.32-279.19.1.el6.i686 - 32 Bit

We are installing a new box and have installed:
Incredible PBX 3.0.6.7 for centos 6
asterisk 1.8.32.2

They have 20 handsets and 8 pots lines via grandstream fxo box.
They will be going to a T1 with sangoma box and adding 4 handsets across a vpn.

Should i just set the new system up and reconfigure everything from scratch or is there a way to move ring groups IVRs queues, extensions etc over.

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
we have a client pbx on:
PIAF purple 2.0.6.3
FreePBx Version 2.9.0.12
centos release 6.3

We are installing a new box and have installed: Incredible PBX 3.0.6.7 for centos 6 asterisk 1.8.32.2

Should i just set the new system up and reconfigure everything from scratch or is there a way to move ring groups IVRs queues, extensions etc over.

felterbush ... there is no conversion utility that will take you from the version that's installed to any recent release of PIAF. And, there will be a bit of "from scratch" that will be required to get the new system functional. This is especially true of the IVR recordings from the old system that will have to be "uploaded" to the new system for them to be functional.

Though there's a lot of "stuff" included in the Incredible versions of PIAF, you are likely to find included features that you won't need, and could be removed. In any case, any of these "certified" systems could be the basis for implementing a new system. But sharpen your pencil and prepare to have the old and new systems displayed in separate browser windows so that you can cut from the old system configuration, and paste to the new.

/Pete./

felterbush

Reaction score
geopeterwc
Thanks,
I was kind of on that path but figured i would ask.
I have the two screens up now. the cut over is on friday.

felterbush

Reaction score
felterbush, I'm curious why you have installed Asterisk 1.8.32.2 as that reaches End of Life for support in 14 days time, see https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk Versions

I have been running scattered, not paying attention, newbee, take your pick (select all three) lost my linux tech two months ago, (i have been a windows guy for 20yr) so the last two months i have been learning linux and phone systems. what has taken me so long to get up to speed (still not)was trying to decide on a version to roll out to customers.
My cut over is Friday but i should have time to reload it and set it up. If i get into a pinch who is the best for paid support?
Thanks

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
felterbush if you wanted to move everything over, freepbx side, the backup and restore works on same versions, 2.9 to 2.9 for example, what version of freepbx is on the new box?

felterbush

Reaction score
uname spits out Linux PBX 2.6.32-573.7.1.el6.x86_64
status doesn't give info for freepbx

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Just curious how you chose your version?? Did you start here? Certified Incredible PBX builds work. Other releases are no longer being updated. To insure a stable platform going forward, stick with a stable release. If status doesn't show info for FreePBX, then that's probably not a good place to start. ;)

felterbush

Reaction score
installing IncrediblePBX13.iso with ssd drive and 4gigs of memory. Complete install from download to enjoy less than and hour...............Beautiful !!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.