TIPS Connecting to Mysql

Tom Jackson

Reaction score
I am trying to replicate the CDR table to another server. I am having a difficult time establishing a connection to the Mysql database. PBXinaflash and the phone system are working perfectly.

I am unclear as to the proper credentials. I setup a new user in the asteriskcdrdb database. I am not able to connect.

Please help.

Thanks,

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
If it's a PIAF server, the MySQL credentials are root:passw0rd (with a zero).

Jay Deal

Phhhhhhhhttttttt :)
Reaction score
If it's a PIAF server, the MySQL credentials are root:passw0rd (with a zero).

Usually unless it's on RASPBX for Raspberry Pi or Beaglebone Black then it's 'raspberry'. I wish someone had not done that. It meant transferring backups from RASPBX to other platforms running the same PIAF or IPBX Asterisk/Freepbx version is very cumbersome.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Agreed. Unfortunately, we inherited that setup from RasPBX and stupidly kept it going. A new build for the RasPi 2 with FreePBX is still a possibility.

Tom Jackson

Reaction score
Thanks! I have never used the More/Replicate feature in phpMyAdmin. It stated that this server is not configured as a master in the replication process. Before I configure as such, my question is, is there a reason not to? Can I simply set this up as a master, and have a slave on a different machine without causing issues? The slave will be read only. I'd really like to avoid making a mess of things.

matthew

Guru
Reaction score
In something as hefty as replicating databases, I'd be a bit reluctant to go clicking around in gui tools if not sure what it all does or means. You might be better following a tutorial. Still simple to follow, but you see what is happening under the hood and will help to both understand and trouble shoot the process. Try these guys. Their stuff is generally useful. https://www.howtoforge.com/mysql_database_replication

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.