SUGGESTIONS Conference Room Speakerphone

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
My friend's business has a gorgeous conference room and they are looking for a gorgeous/snazzy conference room phone.

I'm looking for ease of configuration/use.

They are presently using Yealink T46Gs throughout the office and like them (as much as they actually use them), but want the wow factor in the conference room.

The Yealink's are configured using VPN to a RentPBX site and all is working well.

I've been told that configuring the Polycom's is a PITA, but the gentleman pressing for a 'wow' phone really likes Polycom.

Any good suggestions, or places to start reading up on the Polycom?

Andrew

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Maybe 20 x 10? I'm really bad with spatial relationships (one wife for quite some time, so not bad at all relationships).

Andrew

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Don't think anyone would go against Polycom Soundstation - the gold standard for conference room phones. Which one you select all depends on your wallet and whether you want the IP version or if you want to do analog and then use an ATA to connect it to your PBX.

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
I recognize that Polycom is considered the gold standard. My concern is the expressed difficulty in configuring the phones relative to anything else out there. I'm not thrilled about learning a new 'language' just to configure one phone.

Which IP Soundstation would (anyone) suggest? Not sure what the value proposition is on their product line (i.e. the 5000/6000/7000). Given that the Yealink sounds good in the conference room, I'm not sure that the Polycom will sound 'amazingly' better (perhaps I'm wrong).

Thanks for the input.

Andrew

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
Yealink Is about to release there new boardroom conference unit the CP860 in about a month or 2 if you can wait.

Gary

hbonath

Guru
Reaction score
To be honest, using the OSS EPM with the default template makes provisioning the Polycom IP6000 a snap.
We don't do Polycoms specifically due to the "learning a new 'language' " factor, however after trying some 3rd party Conference Phones (ClearOne Max IP) I now will only sell Polycom conference phones.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Yealink Is about to release there new boardroom conference unit the CP860 in about a month or 2 if you can wait.

Gary

That's good news. Any idea of price points?

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
Haven't seen any pricing yet, hopefully it will be close to polycoms audio quality but with out the hefty price.

Gary.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
For now, I use the Soundstation 2 or VTX1000 with an ATA

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.