FYI Conference room eavesdropping (accidently)

MrBostn

Guru
Reaction score
I have a handful of conference rooms setup in piaf. It occurred to me that someone might accidentally barge in on a current conf. call. (employee wants to setup conf call, and they choose the same room to start their "new call" which is being used by someone else.)

I have an admin pin set on all the rooms but after testing, that admin pin can be entered more than once.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
I issue one room and one pin per employee . . . they don't share them.

MrBostn

Guru
Reaction score
I issue one room and one pin per employee . . . they don't share them.

I thought so. I don't have 30 DIDs to give up. From what I read I make an IVR and ask for the room number. Is that what you do? Do I need custom destinations also?

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
No, no need.

Make an IVR, and make the left hand column the same number as the conference number, then make the destination the conference room.

Robert-BCC

Rank amateur
Reaction score
This is brilliant. Internal callers dial the IVR directly. External callers all dial the same DID. The IVR prompts all callers to enter the employee-specific conference bridge and optionally, a PIN. Is that the user experience?

Might be nice to set things up logically if possible. Say the DID is 888-555-6600, one could number the IVR as 6600, label the bridges as 6620-6640...

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
This is brilliant. Internal callers dial the IVR directly. External callers all dial the same DID. The IVR prompts all callers to enter the employee-specific conference bridge and optionally, a PIN. Is that the user experience?

yes, that's it.

Robert-BCC

Rank amateur
Reaction score
You can create a Misc Application with a feature code the same as the your DID then direct calls to your IVR that way.
Should I create three misc applications?
  1. 555-1234
  2. (650) 555-1234
  3. 1 (650) 555-1234

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutpocket
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.