SOLVED Conditional FollowMe

Asher

Reaction score
I have my installation setup so that incoming calls go to a ring group, which rings every extensions in the house. My extension is also setup with a follow me to my cell phone. Works great.

Except...

This morning I was out and tried to call home. Rings once and a prompt comes back asking for my password. Look everywhere, SSH into the PBX, look at the call coming in, all looks good. Just for fun, from my cell I call my cell and sure enough, there is that prompt. So it's not PIAF, it's my mobile provider. Turns out, the PBX call through FollowMe sends my cell number as CID, my carrier interpretsthat as me calling myself and immediately assumes I'm retrieving voicemail.

Is there a way to disable FollowMe per for certain CIDs?

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Not that I can think of but you could setup an inbound route to a different ring group that excludes your cell phone that specifies your cell phone CID as the From number.

Asher

Reaction score
Thanks. I ended up with a custom inbound route.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.