NEWS FLASH Commercial Asterisk PBX on the RasPi

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Such a deal... :chris:

BPtk7VdCAAENnvU.jpg:large

PBX@Home

Reaction score
returns for "only faulty parts". and $330. I wonder if they are selling any bridges, I'm in the market for one. Better yet, I may ask Detroit for theirs.

phoneguy

Guru
Reaction score
I love this quote on their website.

"There were, and still are, a lot of open source applications on the market, including many free tools. We decided they weren’t good enough, so we continued development of proprietary frameworks that formed the basis for all of our products" The also state they wrote their own Linux and Database.

PBX@Home

Reaction score
I don't know what "plastic" costs these days - but I must say, they have a nice case.

phoneguy

Guru
Reaction score
3D printers are getting cheaper and cheaper. Maybe I should invest in one finally. LOL

leemason

Guru
Reaction score
A $300.00 Raspberry Pi!!!! Is it gold plated? That's probably about $50.00 of hardware and the rest is (I assume) software?

dhatz

Reaction score
Apparently this is the case used:

http://www.polycase.com/techtalk/pl...polycase-serves-up-new-raspberry-pi-case.html

You can now order a case for your Raspberry Pi microcomputer from Polycase. The new Pi Series enclosure is designed to fit the Raspberry Pi Model B and allows for easy installation of the PCB. The Pi board is held captive by the case with access and labeling for all components. The case is molded in black ABS flame-retardant plastic with a UL94-5VA flame rating.
The Pi case also includes 5 flush mounted light pipes for the board’s LEDs that conveniently assemble to the enclosure’s end panel. With prices starting as low as $9.29 per unit, the case is affordable yet functional. The textured finish on the case resists scratching and fingerprints. For more details on the Pi Series or to order your case today, visit www.polycase.com/pi-series.

As with all Polycase enclosures, we can add printing or cutouts to the Pi Series to give you the perfect customized case. Visit our cutouts and graphics tab for more information on Polycase’s value-added services or check out our Quick Quote tool to create your own quote for printing or cutouts in 90 seconds.

raspberry-pi-case-400x266.jpg

Reaction score
Commercial Asterisk PBX on the RasPi UPDATE
Today we announce RAID capability.

Purchase two of our PBX's and then follow these easy implementation steps!

1. Turn first unit over
2. Open RAID interface by unscrewing special orange poly "switch" (*see note below)
3. Apply custom backup solution to bottom of 1st Commercial PBX
4 Grasp 2nd Commercial PBX an apply an equally effective measure of the interface solution to the second "RAID" unit.
5.Wait exactly 60 seconds before proceeding so that the units can soak in the firmware
6. After 60 seconds press the two units together completing the interface and initialization proceedure.
7. If there is ever an outage on the 1st Commercial PBX you may firmly grasp both units, quickly flip them over, transfer the plugs and eureka! Your up and running...

RAID "SOLUTION"
glue.jpg

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
WOOHOO! I knew this would get a reaction. Love My RasPi running PIAF!!

PBX@Home

Reaction score
I love my Pi too! I wonder how their "commercial support" is. Or if they just link here :)

PBX@Home

Reaction score
"Yes boss, our corporate pbx runs on 48 Pi's running in a cluster and built in a lego structure."

Reaction score
Ward beat me to it.... the second magic ingredient that follows the RAID "SOLUTION" is multiphasic, multidimensional, snap on clustering adapters.

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
Attention ! Warning ! Achtung !
Choking hazard - small parts. Not for Enterprises under three years of age.

Let our 5 year-olds build and design your enterprise PBX cluster for you! Cost: only 10 Jello puddings. Please note: we can't guarantee they won't end up eating the "RAID Solution" material during the assembly phase.

leemason

Guru
Reaction score
That's what you call building blocks! I really am going to have to get one of those! It's given me an idea. How about hosted Rasp Pi telephony! You could fit a hell of a lot of these into even an 11U 1/4 rack. And they don't take much power right?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
returns for "only faulty parts". and $330. I wonder if they are selling any bridges, I'm in the market for one.

Don't know about bridges, but you may be interested in this deal...

gg2708.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.