R.I.P. CloudAtCost has announced that the end of Developer and BigDog Servers will be Friday Nov 13th at 11

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
Code:
Cloud At Cost System Message:

11/09/2015 09:39 PM

Valued Customers,

CloudAtCost has announced that the end of Developer and BigDog Servers will be Friday Nov 13th at 11PM EST.

Already got one? 

Awesome!! Keep it forever and never pay agan.

Still Want a Developer or BigDog?

You can still purchase any Developer and Bigdog up to Friday Nov 13th at 11PM EST.

These packages will be removed and you will only have the option to purchase CloudPRO resources.

In addition we will also be ending the option to "Migrate to CloudPRO" at that same time.

Dont wait!

To migrate your existing server resources simply login to the panel at https://panel.cloudatcost.com, find your server you wish to migrate and select the "Migrate" option.

Please ensure you backup your data.

Once completed you can click CloudPRO and you will see all your resources you can start using.

For a quick video on using CloudPro please see..

http://youtu.be/AXrqa_Tok58

To Unsubscribe : If you don't want to receive these messages please change your email preferences here https://members.cloudatcost.com on your profile page.

and 60% off is on til Friday:

Code:
Cloud At Cost System Message:

11/10/2015 10:26 AM

We are doing a CloudatCost 60% off Sale.

Coupon Code: HDBBEASD

Servers: All Servers

Billing: OneTime

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
So this means one can never convert a Developer server to CloudPro after 11/13?

Does that mean, if the Developer server is not converted to CloudPro by that time, that the Developer server is forever locked as it is because there is no way to re-image the Developer server to, for example, another OS?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@tycho: Unless they are bluffing, that is correct. We're moving servers over to CloudPro as we speak. :dots:

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
Without the ability of a snapshot, what would be the easiest way to move one?

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Also curious about how to move a working server without having to completely rebuild it. That's what has always stopped me in the past: the complete inability to image a C-a-C Developer server before losing it in the conversion to CloudPro. Bah.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We use CloudAtCost primarily for backups so this was a bit easier for us. We also had spare capacity on CloudPro to build new LAMP servers there to migrate to. By the way, their so-called LAMP build of CentOS 6 is NOT a LAMP build at all. Doesn't include MySQL or PHP among other things. What do you think they thought the "M" and "P" stood for?

Anyway, we already had restore scripts in place to gobble up current images from our main servers so this hasn't been too painful. Looks like we'll finish up today with a little luck.

Last edited:

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
By the way, their so-called LAMP build of CentOS 6 is NOT a LAMP build at all. Doesn't include MySQL or PHP among other things. What do you think they thought the "M" and "P" stood for?

That's pretty funny! :)

Anyway, we already had restore scripts in place to gobble up current images from our main servers so this hasn't been too painful. Looks like we'll finish up today with a little luck.

Oh well. I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and destroy-and-convert. That's sad because I had the server just the way I wanted it. It has been running PIAF pretty flawlessly for 11 months (apparently contrary to the experience of some folks.) And, I was running several other daemons that had been rather troublesome to install. Just wasn't looking forward to doing that all over again.

But, silver-lining and all of that, I can try out a new-and-improved PIAF version. And I needed something to do during the holidays, eh? :rolleyes:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voiplads
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.