SOLVED Cloud at Cost Factoid

kenn10

Reaction score
My PIAF in the Cloud at Cost is down. I can't even reach the www.cloudatcost.com website. I'm in the Atlanta area. Anyone else seeing this?

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
No connection from Fort Worth, either. I wonder if the outage is weather-related?

Dave Gray

Guru
Reaction score
They're baaaaaaaaack.
Nothing in the blog page about an outage.

wintek

Reaction score
Here is what I am getting @ members.cloudatcost.com.

Code:
Storage Issues causing io Latency.
Date: 03/03/2015 07:44 am  |  Posted by: Jason Barnes  |  Read Full
​CloudAtCost is experiencing storage latency on some arrays due to overwhelming growth.
We are in the process of adding more SSD storage to resolve this and will add more
in future to prevent this from happening.

Thanks for your business.
CloudAtCost Team.

https://panel.cloudatcost.com & all my VPS's are down.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
When you can't ping a server, it's usually a little more serious than latency. :dots:

kenn10

Reaction score
When you can't ping a server, it's usually a little more serious than latency. :dots:
Well its back up for me but I migrated back to my home-based Revo and will watch and wait. I cannot imagine there being a latency issue which would kill the server instance, the control panel and the main web site. Probably a little more to it than what they're giving up.

Dave Gray

Guru
Reaction score
Hmmm. I can reach the control panel, but not the server. Bit-by-bit...

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
I can reach web site, control panel, and my servers now

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
All of my VM's were offline until sometime overnight. I could access the panel, and the "Console" from the panel, but the servers themselves had no network access. I opened a ticket around 4:30PM Eastern and it's now 1:26PM Eastern the next day and it still hasn't be actioned/commented.

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
According to the update to my ticket it was a hardware problem with Rogers equipment (local networking/cellular/cable co here in Canada) in the data center. Take it with a grain of salt, I don't trust Fibernetics as far as I could throw them. Dealt with them in the early FreePhoneLine days, bad taste in my mouth.

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
None of my machines fully came back up. I couldn't get a console to open, nor could I ssh into them. I had to re-image and start over. I am assuming that my machines were on the storage they upgraded and something went wrong. Still no word from them on a root cause. Won't be using them for a while.....

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
graphicdesign.jpg

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
FWIW, my C-a-C instance came back up and has been working fine with no intervention on my part. Just lucky, I guess...

kenn10

Reaction score
My instance works but I've never been able to access it through the Panel console. I can ssh into it but the built in console never worked for me. But as the graphic shows, cheap or free doesn't give you much room to bitch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.