SUGGESTIONS Cisco phones over VPNs

Reaction score
Does anyone know for sure if a Cisco SIP phone will register and work correctly over a vpn to a remote pbx?

i

dad311

Guru
Reaction score
Never used a Cisco phone over a VPN, but done properly, the Cisco phone should not know its on a VPN.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Which models? The 504, 508 and 525G2 certainly work fine; but VPN should be completely transparent to any phone.

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
I use a 7940 & a 7960 over an OpenVPN all day long, works fine. The VPN is transparent to the phone, it doesn't know any better.

Reaction score
79xx is what they are.

Thanks tbrummell: that's what I was hoping for but I can't test it for a couple of months and needed to be sure.

Many thanks all.

i

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
I realized this morning that my point to point VPN links are now IPSec, not OpenVPN. Not that it matters, but I just wanted to be clear. I have used OpenVPN in the past for the point to point stuff, but the "new" firewall at the one end doesn't support OpenVPN and it's not my decision what gets placed there. So...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahee
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.