QUESTION Cisco End Point Manager?

Alex Hackney

Reaction score
I'm confused about how to handle this situation.

I've got 60 phones at an office location. I manually setup every phone when I installed it and its been working great for 2 years now. They are all cisco spa303s. When the time changes I've always manually changed the time on each phone, there has to be a better way. Do I need to purchase the end point software or is there a way to do it with the piaf panel?

I've found a setting for rebooting phones so am I missing a time setting or what?

Thanks!

Alex

Reaction score
The "Piaf Panel" allows you to view the PBX in a Flash rss feed, and provides links to Piaf and FreePBX applications, there is a PIAF CLI command to change the server time zone, but this will not be sent to your phones. When using the EndPoint Manager, you can assign specific time zones to each template, enable or disable DST, and specify time servers to poll time from. Savings of your "time" spent changing time a couple times per year, should more than cover the cost of the EndPoint Manager.

Reaction score
There is an OSS version that is free, or a commercially supported version developed my Schmooze. The OSS version doesn't get a lot of love. The commercial version has dedicated development staff, as well as direct engineering support from most supported manufacturers. http://schmoozecom.com/endpoint-manager.php

hbonath

Guru
Reaction score
Preston, does the commercial EPM work with PiaF?

Alex- EPM, either version will do you well for your SPA deployment. The commercial version has a lot more polish and works very well. There are some tweaks that need to be added to it to change softkeys on SPA series as it isn't built-in to the GUI.

The OSS version works just as well, but imo tweaking the base Config is a bit easier as they give you a free form text window to edit the xml.

Alex Hackney

Reaction score
Due to my stupidity, I'm unable to even locate the oss version lol.

nightstryke

Reaction score
You install OSS via the Admin>Module Admin page it's listed as OSS PBX End Point Manager

Though I would use Commercial End Point Manager for multiple installations (Phone Installations), or just to make the configuration easier on yourself. To use the Commercial Endpoint Manager you have to register your PiaF server with Schmooze Com.

Reaction score
Preston, does the commercial EPM work with PiaF?

Last time I fired up a PIAF instance based on CentOS, it seemed to work fine, but that's been at least six months if not longer. I don't get much time to tinker with PIAF anymore, I haven't heard anything specific about EPM not working with PIAF. I have seen some reported issues with the FreePBX Phone Apps not working well with PIAF, I was suspecting it to be some of the PIAF .htaccess rules blocking something, but I haven't had time to look into it further. Last year I did build a PIAF system for Ward with all of the commercial modules loaded so he could take a look and see if he could make some optimizations to this Distro to keep PIAF more closely aligned with some of the add-on modules, but I don't think he had an opportunity or time to take a look.

Anyway, many of the modules are actually available for free trials (not EPM) so you can always load up some trials of some of the applications and see what works, and what doesn't.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.