SUGGESTIONS Cisco 7937G

Shane C

Reaction score
Hi Guys, Just wondering if anyone would be able to help me get my Cisco 7937g conference phone up and running. I completed all the steps to get Chan_SCCP loaded by following this tutorial (http://pbxinaflash.com/community/in...d-sccp-tutorial-for-asterisk-11-and-13.13145/) That all went fine but im having problems in actually provisioning the phone. I adjusted the sccp.conf file to be the following
Code:
;========================================================================================= ; ; general definitions ; ;========================================================================================= [general] servername = Asterisk keepalive = 60 debug = 1 context = default dateformat = D.M.Y bindaddr = 0.0.0.0 port = 2000 disallow=all allow=alaw allow=ulaw allow=g729 firstdigittimeout = 16 digittimeout = 8 autoanswer_ring_time = 1 autoanswer_tone = 0x32 remotehangup_tone = 0x32 transfer_tone = 0 transfer_on_hangup = off callwaiting_tone = 0x2d musicclass=default language=en deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 permit=192.168.XXXXX/255.255.255.0 (This is the IP of the piaf server i assume) dndFeature = on sccp_tos = 0x68 sccp_cos = 4 audio_tos = 0xB8 audio_cos = 6 video_tos = 0x88 video_cos = 5 echocancel = on silencesuppression = off private = on callanswerorder=oldestfirst directed_pickup_modeanswer = on hotline_enabled=yes ;can devices without configuration register hotline_context=default ; context for hotline hotline_extension=111 ; extension will be dialed on offHook ;========================================================================================= ; ; actual definitions ; ;========================================================================================= [SEP0004F2EE6XXX] (MAC ADDRESS HERE) description = PH0 addon = 7914 devicetype = 7960 park = off button = speeddial,Helpdesk, 98112, 98112@hints ; Add SpeedDial to Helpdesk button = line, 98011,default ; Assign Line 98011 to Device and use this as default line button = empty ; Assign an Empty Button button = line, 98012 ; Assign Line 98012 to Device button = speeddial,Phone 2 Line 1, 98021, 98021@hints ; Add SpeedDial to Phone Number Two Line 1 (button labels allow special characters like 'é') cfwdall = off type = device keepalive = 60 ;tzoffset = +2 transfer = on park = on cfwdall = off cfwdbusy = off cfwdnoanswer = off directed_pickup = on directed_pickup_context = default directed_pickup_modeanswer = on deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 permit=192.168.0.145/255.255.255.255 dndFeature = on dnd = off directrtp=off earlyrtp = progress private = on mwilamp = on mwioncall = off setvar=testvar=value cfwdall = on [98011] id = 755 (Im guessing this is the extension number) type = line pin = 12349 label = Phone 1 Line 1 description = Line 98011 mailbox = 10011 cid_name = MY CID cid_num = 98011 accountcode=79011 callgroup=1,3-4 pickupgroup=1,3-5 ;amaflags = context = default incominglimit = 2 transfer = on vmnum = 600 meetme = on meetmeopts = qxd meetmenum = 700 trnsfvm = 1000 secondary_dialtone_digits = 9 secondary_dialtone_tone = 0x22 musicclass=default language=en echocancel = on silencesuppression = off setvar=testvar2=my value dnd = reject parkinglot = myparkspace
I plugged in the 7937, went into settings and pointed the t*f*t*p server address to another machine the has Solarwinds t*f*t*p server running on port 69. The folder contains the sccp.conf file nothing else. The phone reboots, powers up goes past configuring VLAN then just stops at Configuring CM LIST. I mapped out port 69 from my router to point to the ip address that the solarwinds t*f*t*p server is running on but still no luck. The phone just wont move past this stage. Based on the logs from the t*f*t*p server it doesnt look like the phone is attempting to download anything. All firewalls were disabled in a last ditch effort but still no luck Am i overlooking something simple or? Cheers for any help!

rjaiswal

Reaction score
You need to configure the dhcp options for Cisco phones, so they can find the t*f*t*p server. Also, if I remember correctly, only the SIP firmware will allow you to enter a t*f*t*p server address in the web gui.

Are you sure you are running sccp firmware?

Shane C

Reaction score
You need to configure the dhcp options for Cisco phones, so they can find the t*f*t*p server. Also, if I remember correctly, only the SIP firmware will allow you to enter a t*f*t*p server address in the web gui.

Are you sure you are running sccp firmware?

Hey Rjaiswal,

Cheers for your reply. I changed t*f*t*p program's from Solarwinds to OpenTFTP and that fixed the problem not sure what was going on there!! But now I'm stuck somewhere else.

As noted its a Cisco 7937 conference station. It is running SCCP 4-1-1-4 I believe. I have put the SEP<mac>.cnf.xml file into t*f*t*p root I see from the logs the phone boots up and requests:

Ringlist.xml
SEP<mac>

Then it requests a file called rp-s.jar or something along those lines. (I'm not currently at the office or I would check the exact name)

At first I didn't have the file and the phone screen would just switch to "Defaulting to t*f*t*p server and would just hang"

Through further searching I found the files were related to locale settings l. After hours of google searching I found a copy of the US_EN files, uploaded them to the t*f*t*p server and hoped for the best.

The phone just goes into a reboot cycle of "updating locale" then rebooting. I did some googling apparently this is a problem with a particular firmware version of 7937 "7937 locale reset" and its overcome by adding some lines of text to a config file in Call Manager from what I can see. As I obviously don't have call manager and am trying to get this thing going on Asterisk it looks like i'll never have a way of getting the phone going. I'm pretty bummed, I've spent all day on trying to get it to go.

rjaiswal

Reaction score
You should be able to go to cisco's site and download newer firmware. They had to release updates because of a security issue years ago.

Just logged into my free account and was able to download the latest firmware.

Shane C

Reaction score
You should be able to go to cisco's site and download newer firmware. They had to release updates because of a security issue years ago.

Just logged into my free account and was able to download the latest firmware.

Hey man, cheers for the quick reply! Wow

I poked around on the Cisco site (also with just a free account) but I couldn't seem to download any firmware files it just said error-Service contract required

I did manage to find a couple from a third party site but they were in a weird format like .cop.sgn or something. I read an article on ciscos site and it appeared the only way to unpack and upgrade the file container was through call manager as you have to point an entry to the phone rather than just uploading the firmware file to the t*f*t*p server and letting it do its thing.

Faisal

Reaction score
Hey man, cheers for the quick reply! Wow

I poked around on the Cisco site (also with just a free account) but I couldn't seem to download any firmware files it just said error-Service contract required

I did manage to find a couple from a third party site but they were in a weird format like .cop.sgn or something. I read an article on ciscos site and it appeared the only way to unpack and upgrade the file container was through call manager as you have to point an entry to the phone rather than just uploading the firmware file to the t*f*t*p server and letting it do its thing.

hey I also need the firmware and especially how the files will edited in /tftpboot or in which format to put them there.

Please help me I am stuck :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.