QUESTION Cisco 504G with endpoint manager

busster8

Reaction score
Trying to provision Cisco 504G phones. DHCP server does not do the option 66. Tried pointing the phone to the t*f*t*p server, but the phones lock up and do not load

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
Did you install the t*f*t*p server? How are you inputing the value on the phone? What firmware are you running?

Trying to provision Cisco 504G phones. DHCP server does not do the option 66. Tried pointing the phone to the t*f*t*p server, but the phones lock up and do not load

busster8

Reaction score
running 7.4.8 software on the phones. It appears that the xml file format might have changed. The 504G phones fail to load the xml files created by the endpoint manager. Do we know what level of Cisco software is supported by the endpoint manager?

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
The version that is running on my 20 504gs is 7.4.8 and it works with endpoint manager.

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
As I asked before. Have you setup option 66? Is your t*f*t*p server running? Are you sure the phone is even picking up the files.

busster8

Reaction score
Yes, using option 66. Yes sure it is getting the spa504G.cfg file because I see the "Please Wait" come across the screen. Have even manually put in the profile via the phone and got the same results just in case opt 66 was not working.

busster8

Reaction score
When I open the xml files created, I do not see any of the extension information until line 3. Line 1 and 2 are appear to not have been modified. Strange???

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
You must be using endpoint manager wrong. I'd like to see your setup myself. Whats the version of endpoint manager you are using? Can you let me into your system over ssh? Please PM me

I've had two major clients use endpoint manager with the 504g and the 525g, deploying probably around 60 phones total with no problems. I even worked one-on-one with these peoiple

When I open the xml files created, I do not see any of the extension information until line 3. Line 1 and 2 are appear to not have been modified. Strange???

ariban

Reaction score
can anyone post links or step by step instructions how to provision cisco 504g phones.
everyone talks about using option66, what is that and how is that done.
is t*f*t*p installed on piaf green automatically or do we need to manually install it?

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.