Choosing trunk

bigtalker

Reaction score
Using FreePbx 2.5, Asterisk 1.4.21

I have a trunk that specifies an unique caller-id. I can use this trunk by prepending 7 to the dialed number.
How can I force a specific number (571-xxx-yyyy) to automatically use this trunk without prepending 7?

Thanks in advance

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
7|xxxx does a dial 7 then output the remaining 4 digits (minus the 7). You could make another outbound route and use 571xxxyyyy for the dial pattern and then select the trunk. Or you could select xxxyyyy for the dial pattern and add the prefix 571.

bigtalker

Reaction score
7|xxxx does a dial 7 then output the remaining 4 digits (minus the 7). You could make another outbound route and use 571xxxyyyy for the dial pattern and then select the trunk. Or you could select xxxyyyy for the dial pattern and add the prefix 571.
Not quite...I want to dial 571-xxx-yyyy and have 7571xxxyyyy generated.

I want to have 7 prepended when I dial specific number (571-xxx-yyyy)

Thanks

jeffmac

Guru
Reaction score
Really? It sounds like what you want is to dial the number WITHOUT the 7 prefix, and have trunk selection happen.

You don't really want the 7 "dialed" as part of the number do you?

If you just want to dial the 10 digit number and have it go out a specific trunk, then create an outbound route with the number you want to dial in the match pattern, and place the route ABOVE any other route that would get selected for that pattern (Like above something that has NXXNXXXXXX).

The you can forget about the 7. As I read what you've said you're just using the 7 for trunk selection. That's great for forcing the trunk selection, but you don't want you general users to remember it.

As I said, put the simpler match "higher" in the outbound route list so that it matches that one dial pattern before anything else. (if there's just ONE number that you care about you can put the whole thing in the match pattern and thats the ONLY thing that will match that outbound route.)

Jeff

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.