SOLVED Certain Outbound Follow-Me Destinations Dropping

Tom Ierna

Reaction score
Hello,

I have an install which has been working just great for nearly 2 years, including follow-me destinations to cell phones.

The client recently decided they wanted to use an answering service in place of their after-hours queue which was filled with extensions that used follow-me to get to technicians' cellphones.

I set up a virtual extension with follow-me set to call the service's phone number, and put this in place as the destination for the after-hours time condition.

When I set it up a week ago, it seemed to work fine. Calls were being answered by our system, a recording played back, and then the call was sent to the service. The service answered, and the calls terminated when the caller hung up. I have a weeks' worth of logs showing calls lasting several minutes.

Today, the after-hours time condition kicked in and they did their normal test call. Instead of working as expected, the call terminated after about 30 seconds.

The logs on our system show that the moment we connect the follow-me call, macro-hangupcall is running.

For testing purposes, I replaced the answering service's phone number with another cell phone, and made test calls that lasted for many minutes.

I've also called the answering service number directly from my cell phone and not been disconnected.

Naturally I'll be speaking with the answering service tomorrow to see if they changed anything on their end which might have caused this - it seems to me that there is a queue on the service's side where there wasn't before, but I don't know anything about how their system is set up.

It will take me a bit to sanitize the logs for posting here, but I will do that tomorrow.

Anyone see this type of problem before and have any pointers?

Thanks,
-Tom

Tom Ierna

Reaction score
I'm attaching a sanitized log to this message.

8135550001 replaces the number I used to call the system.
8135550002 replaces the DID into the system.
8135550003 replaces the answering service's number.

At 2014-04-15 22:33:59 there is a BYE - this is me hanging up after the audio goes silent during the service's on-hold music. If an agent on their side answers before the 30 seconds is up, both sides go silent at around 30 seconds.

I've put a ticket in to my provider to see if they can help.

Attachments

• sanitized.log.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 0

Tom Ierna

Reaction score
My provider had me do a pcap of a failing session, and after examining it, they made a routing change on their end.

The problem seems to be resolved.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.