Reaction score
│ PIAF Installed Version = 2.0.6.3 under *VIRTUALBOX*
│ FreePBX Version = 2.10.1.9
│ Running Asterisk Version = 1.8.18.0
│ Asterisk Source Version = 1.8.18.0
│ Dahdi Source Version = 2.6.1+2.6.1
│ Libpri Source Version = 1.4.12
│ IP Address = 10.27.27.245 on eth0
│ Operating System = CentOS release 6.3 (Final)
│ Kernel Version = 2.6.32-279.14.1.el6.i686 - 32 Bit

I have several sip trunks and all are working and routing just fine.

However, I have just noticed that irrespective of which trunk I receive an incoming call, they are all logged as coming from one specific trunk. The CDR always shows this trunk as the incoming channel. But I do not think it is a CDR issue as the Asterisk log also shows the same channel.

I have primarily two trunks in daily use. The first (TOne) is my primary number and it comes from sipgate.co.uk. Incoming calls go to a ring group.

The second (TTwo) also comes from sipgate.co.uk and is used only to take messages and goes direct to an IVR.

However, both incoming calls are logged against the trunk name that takes messages - TTwo.

I do have an other trunk but that is IAX and is logged correctly.

Finally I have a third sip trunk also from sipgate which is hardly used, going to the ring group, which I just tried and that also shows up as channel TTwo.

It is not causing me any problems, but it would if I were using the CDR for charging.

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
Just a thought -- are all your DIDs from sipgate.co.uk managed under the same account username and password? If so then it could be correct as the credentitals for the DIDs are the same.

If Under two different Usernames, then I am not sure (No Expert here)

sukasem

Guru
Reaction score
│ PIAF Installed Version = 2.0.6.3 under *VIRTUALBOX*
│ FreePBX Version = 2.10.1.9
│ Running Asterisk Version = 1.8.18.0
│ Asterisk Source Version = 1.8.18.0
│ Dahdi Source Version = 2.6.1+2.6.1
│ Libpri Source Version = 1.4.12
│ IP Address = 10.27.27.245 on eth0
│ Operating System = CentOS release 6.3 (Final)
│ Kernel Version = 2.6.32-279.14.1.el6.i686 - 32 Bit

I have several sip trunks and all are working and routing just fine.

However, I have just noticed that irrespective of which trunk I receive an incoming call, they are all logged as coming from one specific trunk. The CDR always shows this trunk as the incoming channel. But I do not think it is a CDR issue as the Asterisk log also shows the same channel.

I have primarily two trunks in daily use. The first (TOne) is my primary number and it comes from sipgate.co.uk. Incoming calls go to a ring group.

The second (TTwo) also comes from sipgate.co.uk and is used only to take messages and goes direct to an IVR.

However, both incoming calls are logged against the trunk name that takes messages - TTwo.

I do have an other trunk but that is IAX and is logged correctly.

Finally I have a third sip trunk also from sipgate which is hardly used, going to the ring group, which I just tried and that also shows up as channel TTwo.

It is not causing me any problems, but it would if I were using the CDR for charging.

I think it is the same question I asked long ago.
http://pbxinaflash.com/community/index.php?threads/wrong-sip-channel-used.10427/

You can't do anything about it. It's asterisk thing. If you can register each trunk on different server, it should show correctly but same server IP it's up to asterisk to decide.

LesD

Reaction score
Just a thought -- are all your DIDs from sipgate.co.uk managed under the same account username and password? If so then it could be correct as the credentitals for the DIDs are the same.
No. Sipgate only allows one DID under one account.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Wise Old Indian: "One man's bug is another man's feature." :red indian:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cajeptha
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.